Another death in the family.....

Their Other Mother

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
Arizona
Last night we had to put down our family horse, Christy Blue Leo.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I got her as a 2 year old back in the late 70's. She belonged to our neighbor who had Quarterhorse racing stock. Her dam was registered out the gazoobies and accidentally got bred because of a mixup to an Appaloosa down the street...long story.. anyway we were around her from foaling and just couldn't bare her being sold to anyone else so my little sister & I stole her, I mean borrowed her,
hide.gif
(just until we could pay for her and trade off stall cleaning)

Anyway, Christy was the best horse, healthy, gentle & sweet (most of the time) Over the 30 years that we lived with her she traveled back and forth between my sister and I. We even leased her out twice to good friends for their kids to ride while I was constantly pregnant for a few years. We did everything on her from barrel racing, team roping and parades to hunting, shooting and camping. She babysat and raised my 5 kids.

Hopefully this is the last visit to the graveyard for awhile. We lost our other life long horse a year ago February, my FIL in April, my very good girlfriend Kathy and the Best Dog in the Whole Wide World Herbie, just last month and then the entire flock of Chickens that same week.

Thanks for listening friends..........

I am so sorry for your losses. It sounds like you've had a real rough time of late.

In time, may you find peace. In fond memories, may you find comfort.

You are in my thoughts.

Namaste,

~GertieBird

Gosh! That's a LOT to deal with...all those passings. So sorry about Christy Blue Leo but she had a wonderful life, it sounds like. I, too, pray that this it for awhile going to the graveyard!!!
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom