Status
Not open for further replies.

deerman

Rest in Peace 1949-2012
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Southern Ohio
Last edited:
Unfortunately it's the people's fault who created that animal in the first place--it's a wolf hybrid. It should not be in captivity.

I work as a LVT at a University Veterinarty Teaching Hospital--We're not even allowed to treat those animals because of their unstable mental disposition and being a possible dangerous/lethal threat to our students and staff.

I do agree that the animal should be euthanized--but I hope people understand that the animal was probably acting on a much more intinctual level than your common labrador due to it's irresponsible breeding.

Wow. There wouldn't be a poll if this had happened in my house cause the dog would have already been killed.
somad.gif

Quote:
first of all I disagree with this:
this is not a created breed its been around for a very long time.
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/the-history-of-dogs-and-native-americans/page1.aspx

secondly if there is a child involved especially one born 3 weeks early the dogs should not have been in the house until they were aquainted with the child.
Thirdly this couple has more than one dog, one being a Lab.
They were on Good Morning America this morning, did an interview.

Quote:
first of all I disagree with this:
this is not a created breed its been around for a very long time.
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/the-history-of-dogs-and-native-americans/page1.aspx

secondly if there is a child involved especially one born 3 weeks early the dogs should not have been in the house until they were aquainted with the child.
Thirdly this couple has more than one dog, one being a Lab.
They were on Good Morning America this morning, did an interview.

According to the breed history and their temperment they are not recommended for families that have small children period end of story. Put the dog down and move on IMHO. No kid's welfare is worth less than that dog. And yes, it is a very close descendant of the wolf . I wouldn't trust one with any baby nearby.

You know the parents are to blame here.
They should not have allowed the animal to be around the child. They should not have had a dog like that if they were going to have small children. So now everyone pays the price. Pretty irresponsible if you ask me

I am wondering if you looked into this more and knew more about the situtation that this dog has shown some agressive tendancies previous to this and no one paid it any attention. It could have been just towards a stranger or even the owner. Dogs dont hide their behavior because they dont feel guilt for this it usually shows itself early on, long before something traumatic happens.
The dog has to be put down it would do the same thing again if given the opportunity. Very sad story these things could be avoided.

I dont know much about these dogs but I am not convinced that all of these dogs are all unpredicable as someone noted earlier but I am smart enough to know that I would never let it around a child little lone a baby.

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder what the dogs intentions were. I have had dogs carry off baby ducks, chicken eggs, ect. very gently only to eat it when they got where they were going. That is what scares me. It seems that people try to make there dogs human with human thoughts and feelings. The family probably didn't have a clue that the dog could/would do something like that. They don't seem to understand what a dog is. Now if it were me the dog would be dead.

According to news reports the dog is no longer there, but they did not say where, only that it was no longer there.
Also according to the interview the father laid it off as the dog thinking the baby was a doll, ( how lame).
This is the story as given to GMA:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

I am not arguing right or wrong here, just making the point that it was not a bred dog but one that has been around for a very long time.
I was not justifying what the dog did nor was I vindicating the parents.

I have very strong opinons on all dogs that bite, dogs that attack and dogs that especially attack small children or grown adults.
In my house it would have been end of dog end of story.

made my stomach heave when I saw this on the news last night. I wouldnt even let our dog near our son unless he was on a leash, behind the doggy fence, or DH holding him and he was the most gentlest dog ever; but still a dog nonetheless and prone to its whims due to "strange baby noises" he wasnt used to.

These parents should be held accountable - even in such a horrible circumstance - they endangered that baby - gates at the very least should have been in place. The dog should be rehomed to a place where no children will ever be - it simply cannot be trusted and I dont buy the "it was acting like the baby was a cub" theory.
roll.png

Poor baby... may the angels watch over and keep the darling in their presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom