Antibiotics

NEHorse

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 27, 2012
I have a female duck I am about to start on antibiotics - the males were very rough and her head wounds appear infected. My question is - is it okay for a healthy duck to get the meds, too? I have another female penned with her for company and want to make sure both can have the antibiotics...

I have a female duck I am about to start on antibiotics - the males were very rough and her head wounds appear infected. My question is - is it okay for a healthy duck to get the meds, too? I have another female penned with her for company and want to make sure both can have the antibiotics...
Better not to give the healthy one antibiotics. Can you post a picture of her head?

The eye on one side is definitely effected. The other one looks okay after rinsing, but the head wound is draining over the eyes on both sides.

Attachments

• 20180402_130150.jpg
    20180402_130150.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180402_130221.jpg
    20180402_130221.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes, both eyes still there. Swelling makes it look worse. When I flush with saline you can see both eyes well.

Well now I have a follow up question. I have always gone to the feed store and purchased duramycin-10... I can't find it anywhere! Now what is my option?

Well now I have a follow up question. I have always gone to the feed store and purchased duramycin-10... I can't find it anywhere! Now what is my option?
All water soluble antibiotics require a prescription now, so your only choice is an injectable unless you buy from a pigeon supply website.

Back
Top Bottom