oDuskDawno

In the Brooder
May 10, 2019
Hello,
I haven't been on here for a while. In the time I have been gone, I have persuaded my family to let me get some Coturnix Quails. three girls and a male are what I have decided on getting. I wanted to know if anyone will like to give some advice, I have had two other quails in the past, but there is always more to learn. If you would like to address some names in the thread, I will love to hear any of them.
Thanks For Reading!

Last edited:
3:1 ratio is the bare minimum and could cause your females to get overbred. 4:1 is more common and many people do 5:1 as well and still get decent fertility. If you're not going to hatch any you can get all females.

3:1 ratio is the bare minimum and could cause your females to get overbred. 4:1 is more common and many people do 5:1 as well and still get decent fertility. If you're not going to hatch any you can get all females.
Do you need males to get the females to continue laying? I was going to do the 3:1 ratio as well, but if I don't need to get a male at all because I'm not doing hatching at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom