ANy Bird watches out there?

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
hello.
as i feed my chickens i also feed my wild birds. i have a section thats near my kitchen window and table. and i watch birdies eat from the 3 hung feeders i have. its wonderful just watching them. i know am using hubbys orion binoculars!! and what a sight to see. i have a lovely blue jay family and once in a while i get the cardinal come by for some food. i have doves and finches too. i have these black birds. not sure what they are tho. they are def not crows. we have the crows but they dont come to the feeders. already since winter has begun i have gone thru 6 bags of bird food. i just love watching them. id love to know i am not the only bird beginner watcher here on byc. lol
tongue.png

I LOVE birds! I just took a bunch of pictures of birds visiting my feeders last weekend. We have a lot of Dark-Eye Juncos, lots of lots of Goldfinches. Cardinals are a little shy and prefer to watch from a tree nearby. But I was lucky to capture a Titmouse and a Woodpecker.
big_smile.png

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

a pooping Goldfinch ;D

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

hay im here
wink.png
i feed all sorts of birds i just give them cheep sosage and i trow it up in the air and they grab it and go strait to there babys up in the tree and then come back for more its grait

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

frow.gif
woot.gif
awesome!!!!! i have been out the window looking thru my binoculars for about an hour, and loving it!!!!! so beautiful.....amazing they arent cold. ha!!!

I feed the birds when I let my chickens out in the morning and I love to watch the birds. Evidently I'm on a flight path for migration because every year starting in November, I get to see birds that don't normally live here. The robins passed through a couple weeks ago which I think is a little early for them, and there wasn't many. This year I saw a lot of what I can only imagine are some sort of finches. They are mostly brown with a few showing some yellow/greenish color on their breasts. Very sweet, tiny things that peep peep peep. Sadly they seem to have moved on as I haven't seen any this week.

I spy on my wild flock with a pair Nikon binoculars. I have crows, wrens, robins, bluebirds and doves, grackles, cedar waxwings, killdeer, cardinals, and a redtail hawk who eyes my fat doves but has not managed to snatch one yet!

At my other house I had a raven come visit me a few times a year. Oddly, he grazed peacefully with the other birds, and rarely used his giant beak to put one in place. He had a lovely greenish sheen to his black feathers and thought he was magnificent. So did I! He'd strut among his smaller cousins while they ate like he was their king.

I honestly think he came to steal the junk my hubby kept tossing on the ground. This black Avian had a penchant for various nuts and bolts scattered among the gravel and was an excellent watch-bird. Although he was a thief at heart, he did not like cats trying to steal a feathered meal while he was around. As soon as a cat was caught stalking, he went into action. With a low purring noise he attacked. His beak became his sword and his wings became his fists. He'd slash and stab with incredible accuracy and a the cats departed with serious eye injuries.

Mr Raven was my hero and he is what a I miss the most after moving.

Quote:
Thanks annie. I was very excited to get them captured like that. I have the feeders about 3 feet from the window and wasn't sure if they would come so close. I'm still waiting for a lady cardinal to pose for me.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom