Any clue what breed and if a pullet or cockerel?

KprsMom

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 16, 2015
Western NC
My Coop
My Coop

Am hoping "she's" not a "he" as our local ordinances don't allow it. "She" arrived this past week and is very bossy - tried to ride one of our smaller girls yesterday. Her tail feathers also seem a bit more pronounced than the others - but then I thought that she may just be a week or so older than the others. What's the verdict?

welcome-byc.gif

I'm not seeing anything screaming cockerel at this point, but can we get a profile pic of the bird standing?

I ordered 4 week old juvenile birds but they say that they can be anywhere from 4 to 9 weeks of age when shipped. My guess is that this one is 9 weeks old because s/he is a good bit bigger and has more mature feathers than the other 4 that I received.

I'll take another photo this evening and try to get more detail of the head and a profile while standing. Thanks for the help!

Failed to answer one question posed - the hatchery I ordered from is Murray McMurray. All of my other chicks are in great shape and I'm happy with them - too bad one of my five is a roo though - can't keep him in the city limits. Sadly - I am seeking a new home for this pretty guy. I appreciate the feedback from all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom