Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    I think the Bisquick is mixed with milk and put in the bottom of the pan as a crust - not mixed into the egg.

Never heard of canned broccoli - I think it would turn out pretty mushy.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That is what I am thinking, I saw one recipe for 11 pounds pressure for ONE minute. Nope.

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    The pre-made ones do work, that's what I have done for years and the quiche turns out good - IMO the frozen crusts now a days are somewhat sweet and are best with sweet pies. But I think better than none...

I tried blanching and freezing broccoli - it was awful and went to the compost. Eat it or lose it would be my suggestion.
    This is almost my lemon pie recipe -- uses eggs, condensed milk, lemon juice and baked…really great.
    Thanks for the recipe, bet it will be wonderful.

4. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Gotta make up for the chicken poop cookies, gonna make my office staff a peach cobbler. And maybe I'll try it too.

[​IMG] Guess my diet is officially blown…lol.

5. OnlyOrps

OnlyOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Made some no bake oatmeal coco cookies today. That lime pie is sounding pretty appealing. Might buy some lime juice next trip into town...

6. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Hey, no bake sounds really easy. Wish I could try one..

7. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oh that looks like a good one. And I have everything on hand except the graham crackers, shoot! Thank you @Miss Lydia ! I'll be trying this one for sure [​IMG]

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    One minute...That's hardly worth getting the equipment out for.

What if you made broccoli soup and pressure canned that? I don't pressure can stuff so don't know if that can be done, but if so, it might be a nice soup to have on hand.

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Peach cobbler sounds like a delicious way to make up for those crazy cookies! Those were great.

10. new2pheasants

new2pheasants Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2012
    Cloverdale, BC
    Awesome thread, I used to work as a chef and I always ended up on desserts as I seemed to be the only one who never made a mistake baking. I did a year at a production bakery as my last job before I got pregnant and had so much fun making bread and since then have never bought a loaf. Store bought bread is just not the same and after working at a mass scale bakery I just can't buy bread knowing how some places can be.

Love the posted recipes and looking forward to reading all the post between my chicken research. Subscribed ^u^

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by