Any Home Bakers Here?

For some reason I was thinking that you were going to take a piece of white bread and a piece of wheat bread and cut a chick out of each to swap them out, so you would have a sandwich with wheat bread crust and white chick inside and one with a white bread crust and wheat chick inside. I have no idea where that came from, my brain is really off on vacation somewhere else. I so need to get a job and get out of this house more often.

For some reason I was thinking that you were going to take a piece of white bread and a piece of wheat bread and cut a chick out of each to swap them out, so you would have a sandwich with wheat bread crust and white chick inside and one with a white bread crust and wheat chick inside. I have no idea where that came from, my brain is really off on vacation somewhere else. I so need to get a job and get out of this house more often.
You are correct. That was my original plan….but I really don't like white bread so decided to try just cutting the sandwich with the chick cutter….should have stuck with plan A…
big_smile.png

Your mind is sharp as a tack, IMO!

Didn't finish math major, swapped to Bio and Chem my second year...

I loved math…and now can't add without a calculator...
sad.png

LOL, and me, the math-a-phobic ended up spending years on a job doing market research and data analysis (statistics anyone?). Life is so weird.

Wow, that ribbon pie looks wonderful! Our raspberry bushes are greening up now, if we get enough berries, I'd like to try that recipe. So you make it with a traditional pie crust, not the cookie crust?

I love this dessert, I tend to go over the top and get a bunch of berries and put them through a flour sifter and add that pulp to straight gelatin rather then do jello. I like a cookie or gram cracker crust but I tend again to go overboard and do 6 layers of deep dish goodness, I find a pie crust holds up better.
I'm always trying to figure out how to put less sugar in recipes.

I love making a little Canadian flag out of raspberries and the top layer of whip cream mixture, you could probably do an American flag by adding blue or blackberries.

Good Saturday morning bakers! What's everyone been doing in the kitchen?

There's an elderly couple that lives down the road from us. The husband has helped us out with numerous small projects this past year and a half since we started our little farm. He loves home-baked goods but his wife has health issues and doesn't cook or bake any more. A couple days ago I gave him some fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookies and he was so happy, turned out that those are his favorite cookies, it really made my day to see how much he enjoyed them.

There's something special about the things we make for family and friends; we shouldn't ever think our efforts are unappreciated. And we get that feel good feeling right back too. It's a win/win in my book.

Hope you all have a good Saturday and weekend!

Good Saturday morning bakers! What's everyone been doing in the kitchen?

There's an elderly couple that lives down the road from us. The husband has helped us out with numerous small projects this past year and a half since we started our little farm. He loves home-baked goods but his wife has health issues and doesn't cook or bake any more. A couple days ago I gave him some fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookies and he was so happy, turned out that those are his favorite cookies, it really made my day to see how much he enjoyed them.

There's something special about the things we make for family and friends; we shouldn't ever think our efforts are unappreciated. And we get that feel good feeling right back too. It's a win/win in my book.

Hope you all have a good Saturday and weekend!
That was a really nice thing to do. Bet anything you had baked would be his favorite
smile.png

Gonna try the chick cookies again, and this time actually decorate them.

I've given him other things before and he's always liked them but the oatmeal raisin...all he could do was just repeat over and over "Oh my, oh my". He had one eaten before he drove off and was shouting out the window, "Thank you, those are my favorite", lol.

All righty, I want to see those chick cookies! Bet they'll be cute decorated.

@NorthFLChick

Oatmeal and raisin cookies are among my favorites. What could be better, yummy and healthy!

Trying to decide on what type of cookies. Found a recipe on Land of Lakes site for sugar cookies that use cream cheese, vanilla and almond - I use those in my best pound cake recipe and it is delicious. But got a birdbrained idea of peanut butter cookies with a chocolate icing ---- don't know if I can find a cookie cutter peanut butter recipe, but gonna go surfing..
smile.png

Or maybe I can do both…those are really big cutters and it will take 2 recipes if I want to share some...

Back
Top Bottom