Any Home Bakers Here?

When I lived in an area populated with gray and fox squirrels, I ate a lot of squirrel stew. Other than in town, the only squirrels I have found in Wyoming are the little red squirrels. They live in and dine on evergreens. I really don't care for a squirrel that tastes like turpentine.

Bunnies are delicious!:drool:drool:drool
When I was in High School, we would eat young jack rabbits. They made great stew! So did the Valley Quail here in California

IMG_9657.JPG

I was going to post that. :lol:
6E587D43-370E-4E94-916B-8D0C70F5C1F4.jpeg 1EA2455C-090C-4898-BC77-393A962229B6.jpeg
I have a recipe for squirrel stew, but have never had a desire to try it.
True story!
A young bride wanted to impress her husband, so she made him a squirrel pie. My husband and his friend walked into the kitchen as she pulled it out of the oven.
There were four paws sticking up.
:lau

You guys won’t believe this, but I really did take a culinary arts course. I just have not used the knowledge in a long long time. :oops: So I won’t be posting awesome pics like so many of you.
But!!!! I’ve been inspired to get out my cast iron skillets. Apparently the really bad ones are in the garage. I didn’t have to scrub much before re-seasoning the big and little skillets. They are in the oven now.

Back
Top Bottom