Any Home Bakers Here?

I use wash dry the two WELL SEASONED SKILLETS. The Dutch Oven....will need seasoning and seasoning until it becomes well seasoned. I find if you use them....they become seasoned over use. The Dutch Oven is still GRAY...when they become BLACK...they are easy. Need to start using the Dutch Oven and hope it becomes BLACK. ha ha

I use wash dry the two WELL SEASONED SKILLETS. The Dutch Oven....will need seasoning and seasoning until it becomes well seasoned. I find if you use them....they become seasoned over use. The Dutch Oven is still GRAY...when they become BLACK...they are easy. Need to start using the Dutch Oven and hope it becomes BLACK. ha ha
Yes! I love black cast iron

I'd like to see what you end up cooking in your cast iron...share pictures of anything you want!
Well... I’m not sharing the biscuit picture. :oops: :lol: I took the (already cut) dough out of the fridge, and put it right in the oven. They are quite flat. Still edible though!
Deep dish pizza tonight!

I own ten skillets. Only two are in the house. Though I could have some in the basement. I move around too much, and the skillets are in various boxes.
Some were passed down to a non-interested sister from her mother-in-law, some were found in a scrap yard, and some I have from my marriage.

BF has this old skillet griddle like for pancakes then before Ma passed she gave me this cast iron griddle covers two burners I love it, the stove we bought has 5 burners nice new cast iron griddle to cover that 5th burner good heavy cast iron :clap

BullChick, You would be happy with the results cooking with Cast Iron. They are heavy. There is an article in GRIT magazine this month and they have blueberries muffins in a cast iron piece, and the no knead bread recipe, cooked in a cast iron Dutch Oven with a lid.
Lid goes on first 30 minutes then removed to brown. I am glong to try soon.

BF has this old skillet griddle like for pancakes then before Ma passed she gave me this cast iron griddle covers two burners I love it, the stove we bought has 5 burners nice new cast iron griddle to cover that 5th burner good heavy cast iron :clap
Penny, THANKS for reminding me....I do have one of those. AND I do use it. Regards, Aria

Back
Top Bottom