Any Home Bakers Here?

I used @N F C 's refrigerator dough with whole wheat flour in the dutch oven and it was awesome.
Leaving cookie dough in the fridge over night allows enzymes to go to work and convert some of the flour to sugar.

Cookies are so good after that!

:lau Duckling made pb cups a few days ago, and I had her take them with her to her grandmother’s. She cane back wanting to make more for here. The pb filling was on the counter, waiting for her to be ready to shape it.
She asked for a hotdog for lunch, but wanted to make the candy first. As the bowl gets emptier and emptier, I’m guessing she won’t eat a hotdog anymore. :lol:

:celebrate Three more skillets! I had them on the hutch stored in the garage.
C6A5D33D-0436-4D3A-A313-25DABD65FA5B.jpeg
Now, what do you do to “season” the bottom? The bottoms are worse than the insides.

:celebrate Three more skillets! I had them on the hutch stored in the garage.
View attachment 1298912
Now, what do you do to “season” the bottom? The bottoms are worse than the insides.
If the bottom is rusty, use fine sand paper to get the rust off. Then use high omega 3 oil,like olive or flax oil to coat the inside and outside of the pan. Pop them into the oven at 375 for an hour. Let them cool and then make wipe the oil with a paper towel

That should do it. Cast iron is very forgiving and durable

Back
Top Bottom