Any Home Bakers Here?

Me me me!!!!! I want some!!!!
1f601.png
I am trying coconut cream pie saturday! My son is excited, I told him we are going to make whipped cream this weekend
1f609.png
Let us know how it turns out!

droolin.gif

Good job @Alice28 , both with the review and with baking 2 different pb cookie recipes to try them out.

Anyone want some blueberry pie?

DH & I went berry picking at a u-pick early this morning. We got 12 pounds! I made 2 pies, 1 for tonight and 1 for the freezer. Gee, only about 8 pounds left...better get more!

(And boy, am I glad I put a foil-covered baking sheet under that pie...it was juicy.)

That looks so good!

Good job @Alice28 , both with the review and with baking 2 different pb cookie recipes to try them out.

Anyone want some blueberry pie?

DH & I went berry picking at a u-pick early this morning. We got 12 pounds! I made 2 pies, 1 for tonight and 1 for the freezer. Gee, only about 8 pounds left...better get more!

(And boy, am I glad I put a foil-covered baking sheet under that pie...it was juicy.)
Never had Blueberry Pie, please post recipe. But curious, are your teeth blue after eating? I had a friend once who had blue teeth all day after eating blueberry cobbler :) But even so, that looks yummy.

I have 5 blueberry plants on order this spring. Grow babies grow!
Hey wyoDreamer! I just planted my new Blueberry Patch a week ago:

Hopefully will have my own Blueberries next spring/summer
bun.gif

@NorthFLChick this is why I want your recipe. Had planned to eat them raw, make preserves. But I love all pies.

I made both @ronott1 Aunt Abbie's Peanut butter cookies (which I called cookies "A" to make it easier on myself) and @DigMyChicks peanut butter cookies (which I called cookie "B"), on Monday. Sorry it's taken me so long to post about them!

Cookie "A" had great flavor. The recipe seems to be for those nice BIG peanut butter cookies though. Mine I only cooked for 10-15min depending on how big I made them. They were really yummy! Good flavor and texture. Definitely a hit for peanut butter cookies. Would be great for a bake sale or just to eat whenever!

Cookie "B" was fluffier and held its round shape better without cracking as much. It didn't have as good of a flavor as cookie "A" (this was the vote from my tasters), however I think if I add 1/2tsp of salt to the recipe, that will bring the flavor up to par with cookie "A".

I am so happy with both and will put both in my recipe box. Aunt Abbie's (A) will be a great peanut butter cookie to make or bake sales, or just whenever. And the other peanut butter cookie (b), I will use for holidays when I like to make the peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies (some people call them peanut butter blossem cookies, the ones with the big herseys kiss in the middle). With how fluffy and light they are and the texture, they will be perfect for that! So I'm keeping both recipes and happy with both!

Cookies A are on the left, B on the right. I did A and B, so I could write on the bowls and make sure I didn't mix up the cookies! I now have both in the freezer so I can see how they do after being frozen. At holiday time, my cookie trays have a few cookies, and everyone is home at different times, so I have to freeze some of the cookies. I want to make sure both do well being frozen
1f609.png
and don't crumble when taken out! Will let everyone know in a week!
clap.gif
Great job. Great Review!. Thanks for your work and the post. Now I have to try my hand at another PB cookie bake.

Never had Blueberry Pie, please post recipe. But curious, are your teeth blue after eating? I had a friend once who had blue teeth all day after eating blueberry cobbler :) But even so, that looks yummy.

The pie was delicious (DH is already planning on having it for his breakfast tomorrow, ha) and no blue teeth! Here's the recipe.

BLUEBERRY PIE
(for a 9" pie)

Pastry for 9" two-crust pie
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C AP flour
5 C fresh blueberries
1 Tab. lemon juice
2 Tab. butter

Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare pastry and put bottom pastry in pie pan
Stir together sugar & flour, gently toss with berries
Turn into pie pan, sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter
Cover with the top pastry crust, cut slits in it & sprinkle with sugar
Bake 40-50 minutes, until crust is light brown & juice begins to bubble through slits
(if the edges start getting too brown too fast, cover with strips of foil)

wee.gif
I love blueberry pie.

Dinner was great tonight.
It was the last class that my husband had before the Exam, and his students all brought drinks and plates and food and desert. and we are so full.
One guy brought the best jalapeno poppers that I have ever had.
I think we should all ditch agriculture and open a restaurant.

Glad you had a good time & meal Jan! Do you think the guy that brought the poppers would share his recipe?

I thought about your place while we were picking blueberries this morning. For a weekday, they were pretty busy, I can only imagine how it is on the weekends. You guys really ought to try some blueberries at your nursery! Berries are so popular, they grow well here in FL and they are delicious! (And if that doesn't work, open that restaurant and I'll make deserts for your place, lol.)

Back
Top Bottom