Any Home Bakers Here?

She made brown sugar cookies tonight. I just coached from the side.

It really is a sugar cookie recipe. It's pretty swell I think, soft cookies. Has ginger and cinnamon in it too kinda ginger snappish but texture and that brown sugar note make it pretty amazing to me.

@ceancharles , that sounds like a really tasty cookie. Care to share the recipe?

One time I made my crackle top sugar cookies for a bake sale (along with several other varieties). One of the other sellers wanted a cookie so I told her to pick out whichever one she wanted, she chose the sugar cookie. This is what I heard the rest of the day:

Her: That is a very sweet cookie
Me: It's a sugar cookie
Her: That's way too sweet
Me: You picked out a sugar cookie
Her: My kids wouldn't eat that, it's too sweet
Me: I made it with sugar, it's a sugar cookie

Ugh, let her pick out the one she wanted, gave it to her for free and all I kept hearing was how sweet it was! Some people, lol.
barnie.gif

I feel your pain! like the guy who orders hot wings and complains they are hot! I love cookies with crackles on them because I know they're not going to be chewy...we prefer crunchy. I put some sea salt and raw sugar on my sugar cookies before I bake them--just a bit different but tasty

I feel your pain! like the guy who orders hot wings and complains they are hot! I love cookies with crackles on them because I know they're not going to be chewy...we prefer crunchy. I put some sea salt and raw sugar on my sugar cookies before I bake them--just a bit different but tasty

Hi @cheepteach ! If this is your 1st time on the baking thread, welcome, the more cooks & bakers the better! (And if you have been here before, sorry, it's been a long day.)

I like the sea salt/raw sugar idea.

So I take it you're a teacher? What do you teach?

@cheepteach Hi, so sorry if I missed your new member debut, so here's a belated welcome….
welcome-byc.gif

I love your avatar, That's one of my all time favorite movies. Would love to hear/see what you are baking or cooking :)

Haven't baked an egg custard pie in months ( my favorite) So made 2 yesterday. Baked one for now and froze the other one to bake later. Freezing did well on the pumpkin pie at Christmas, so thought I would see if the egg custard could be baked ahead.

No pics, 'cause it's almost gone already...
droolin.gif

I am a newbie with first hatch in incubator in my special needs classroom. I teach academic skills through a life needs perspective--so we do a lot of cooking for language arts, math, science and social studies. Baking is my preference. After looking around the forums I find I steal a lot of good ideas.
Happy Mothers Day to all! I am NOT cooking a thing all day...after the morning bacon and coffee are done! Then they are on their own!

Good for you!
I home schooled for a while and I found hands on real life taught him the most.
Fractions were real when you got out the cutting board and divided an apple.
"So that's why you multiply to divide!"
We cooked a lot. and he learned how to do laundry.
And we celebrated every culture's holidays with history lessons and food.
Food is a great way to learn.

Welcome to BYC. You will love it here.

ALL kids should be cooking---it's a survival skill for everyone.
Best baking project ever??????
mine was my daughter's sweet sixteen cake---first tiered project

Back
Top Bottom