Any Home Bakers Here?

1f60a.png

I saw a new recipe I want to try but have a question.

The recipe is for a peanut butter chocolate pie (a freezer pie) and it calls for Cool Whip. We don't eat, buy or like Cool Whip. Is there any reason we couldn't use our own homemade whipped cream instead?

What do you all think? Homemade ok or not?

I saw a new recipe I want to try but have a question.

The recipe is for a peanut butter chocolate pie (a freezer pie) and it calls for Cool Whip. We don't eat, buy or like Cool Whip. Is there any reason we couldn't use our own homemade whipped cream instead?

What do you all think? Homemade ok or not?
I have never made this recipe, but it looks like whipped cream will freeze fine.

Make it and let us know!

Thanks Ron! First I have to get to the store then I'll make it up tomorrow to let you all know how it is.

Chocolate + Peanut butter...what could be wrong with that? (Other than the 12,000 calories per piece of course.)

Peaches? Did someone say peaches?

@sunflour I have had zero luck finding GA peaches this year. None. Are you Georgians keeping them all for yourselves?
Yes, Got a freezer full of Elberta's and loads of peach preserves in the pantry..
cool.png
But found a resource that can ship, will give you a heads up next year and send ya some :) Really want you to try them someday.

The canner is a really old Sears model, which I think is just like a presto. I'm using recipes found in a couple of Better Homes & Gardens canning issues. I WISH I had Ma's recipes. Her peaches made the best pies b
My pressure canner is a Presto, got it a couple of seasons back. Could you post a pic of yours, if essentially the same, the Presto canner cooker book is still on line.

Don't have a peach pie recipe but have a cobbler recipe that is quick and tasty, could post (don't remember if have already posted that one?).

I have canned and frozen fresh peaches, and IMO freezing is the best for cobbler and likely pies as well. So easy, boil 30 sec, peal, pit, slice. Add Fruit fresh and freeze. The hardest part is planning ahead to defrost for baking. The canned ones are better than commercial, but still taste like canned...
wink.png

Yes, Got a freezer full of Elberta's and loads of peach preserves in the pantry..
cool.png
But found a resource that can ship, will give you a heads up next year and send ya some :) Really want you to try them someday.
I'm going to remember you said that sunflour!

I love good peaches...unfortunately, they are hard to find.

Only 1 more post and I'll reach 10,000...I have to do it here with my baking buds!

Here goes!

Back
Top Bottom