Any Home Bakers Here?

So, i'm intrested what other things you cooks and bakers do to use up extra eggs?
I have made french toast, deviled eggs and the angel food cake and custard in the last two weeks. I would make egg salad for sandwiches but i'm the only one in the house that eats it.
I know i will end up donating to my local food pantry like i do every spring with the extra's.

Quick breads are good and can be frozen if you want to save for later. Omelets for breakfast are nice. Quiche is good for lunch or dinner.

We like egg nog and here's a braided bread I made for an Easter contest a few years ago.
braided-easter-egg-bread.72611
eggnog-anytime.68099 (it makes a good coffee creamer too)

Quick breads are good and can be frozen if you want to save for later. Omelets for breakfast are nice. Quiche is good for lunch or dinner.

We like egg nog and here's a braided bread I made for an Easter contest a few years ago.
braided-easter-egg-bread.72611
eggnog-anytime.68099 (it makes a good coffee creamer too)

Speaking of Easter contest, when is the next one?

So, i'm intrested what other things you cooks and bakers do to use up extra eggs?
I have made french toast, deviled eggs and the angel food cake and custard in the last two weeks. I would make egg salad for sandwiches but i'm the only one in the house that eats it.
I know i will end up donating to my local food pantry like i do every spring with the extra's.
I sell them. I have a business called Peppercorn Acres and sell eggs. If I have lots, I fry em up and give them back to the chickens. If I have WAY too much, I give them to the Red Cross. I make and eat hard boiled eggs daily and use most of them here for other food creations.
three eggs in  hand.jpg

Speaking of Easter contest, when is the next one?
The Easter HAL and associated contests should be coming soon! If anyone is interested, set date for Muscovy eggs is 3-7-2020.

Edited to add set date table:

Type of EggNumber of Days to HatchSet Date
Doves14-16March 26th-28th
Pigeons17-19March 21st-23rd
Button Quail16March 26th
Coturnix quail18March 24th
Seramas other small bantams19-21March 21st-23rd
Other bantam and LF chicken21March 21st
Bobwhite quail23March 19th
Call duck and other bantam ducks26March 16th
Pheasant22-29March 13th-20th
Mallard (derived) duck, goose,28March 14th
Turkey, Guinea, Peafowl28March 14th
Goose28-32March 10th-14th
Muscovy duck35March 7th
Emu49-55February
23rd-29th

I was just thinking about this, how about making a souffle like this?

Fritatas and quiche! Ice cream that is custard based

Do you have egg customers put a sign out ... I also take extra to the food bank

Back
Top Bottom