Any Home Bakers Here?

Anyone got a good recipe for cooking mashed potatoes? I'm just curious.

I really like mine. Cook potatoes, drain, add butter (1 stick), cream cheese, sour cream, whipping cream, salt, and pepper. I use a hand mixer to prepare them. I add the condiments to taste. They are good if you cook them with garlic cloves.

I don't usually peel potatoes for making mashed either, we like the extra texture. (And it's one less thing to mess with at dinner time!)
I peel for mashed but not for "French Ovens"

And you can put them in ice cube trays and freeze them.
I was going to freeze in ice cube trays but you only get about half an egg in each "cube space" so I freeze them in regular cupcake size silicone "wrappers". Once frozen they are easy to pop out into a freezer storage bag and you then have the wrappers available for the next eggs to freeze.

Another Winner for cookies. Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I took two of the user suggestions and going to try a third next time around.

I Added 1 tsp of Cinnamon
And I Soaked the Raisins in hot water with a shot of Vanilla Vodka (rum and bourbon were also recommendations).
Next time, I'm going to add 1/2 tsp of cloves just to see if I like it.

Also, here's a recipe for really cheap Vanilla Vodka.
1.75 liter bottle of the cheapest Vodka you can find (for me it's $8). Cut a good quality Madagascar vanilla bean in half (not lengthwise) ($3.00) and drop it in. In about a week it's ready and get's better with time. Save the bean and use it a second time. So you can get 3.5L for less than $20.

Back
Top Bottom