Any Home Bakers Here?

I went shopping this morning, mid "old people only" time. There was not a speck of flour or anything else to bake with. I was actually looking for Bisquick. DD2 likes it for pancakes since that is what she grew up with before DD1's gluten issues. Guess I'll have to find a sifter other than the one that is saved "gluten untouched" for DD1 so I can make the pancakes from scratch.

I think I do ;) I thanked people for using VT flour - King Arthur is a Vermont company.

Hang in there Jared, you'll be OK. When you start to feel stressed out take a few deep breaths and push the stress away.
Oh! I remember that now! Thank you. I don't know why I tied that in with Gold Medal.

My kitchen is poorly set-up and my DH is going through his terrible-twos. He has suddenly decided that he does not like 1/2 of the meals that I usually make. There are only so many times that I can eat burgers, brats and italian sausages in a week. I get home from work and THEN he decides what we have for supper. By the time I defrost stuff and get supper made - he complains that we eat too late.
Sorry - off my rant. For some reason this has been a hard week for me.
Lol, mine has many of the same complaints. He doesn't like what I fix, it's too bland, or stinky (fish, cabbage, or brussels sprouts), or has too many veggies. He cooks as a result and most of it comes out of a bag in the freezer or a sauce from a jar.

I don't get off work until 5 and I have to go to the farm after work so I sometimes don't get home until 7-8pm at which point it is clearly (in his eyes) too late to eat. In fact, he cooks, eats, and gets grumpy because my food is cold by the time I get home... Not my fault he cooked early... Some people have things they have to do after work... And I am NOT going home, sitting down to dinner, and then driving out to the farm to try to take care of things out there after 7pm (by the time I get home it's almost 6 so an hour or so to eat, then 30 minute drive to the farm) which would probably put me coming home around 9-10pm... yeah....

My kitchen is poorly set-up and my DH is going through his terrible-twos. He has suddenly decided that he does not like 1/2 of the meals that I usually make. There are only so many times that I can eat burgers, brats and italian sausages in a week. I get home from work and THEN he decides what we have for supper. By the time I defrost stuff and get supper made - he complains that we eat too late.
Sorry - off my rant. For some reason this has been a hard week for me.
I really feel bad for you. My recommended solution would only cause you more trouble at home. Tell him to fix his own d--n supper.

I think it seems worse now because he is working from home and I am still going into the office. His commute is walk to study and sit down. I have a 1/2 hour drive and I start work at 8 instead of 6:30. When I get home, I have to do barn chores for chickens & cats before I even enter the house. I know he has commuted from the study to the family room and planted himself in front of the TV - as that is where he is when I finally get in the house.

This too shall pass.

20200409_112915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom