Any Home Bakers Here?

@ronott1 I dried some sourdough starter and sent it to my husbands cousin in ID. She's supposed to be baking this weekend so I'll share pics if we get them. It took almost 10 days for her to get it, crazy!

I know someone that works at the P.O. She said they are as busy now as they are around Christmas time. Lots and lots of people sending and receiving mailed goods.

I know someone that works at the P.O. She said they are as busy now as they are around Christmas time. Lots and lots of people sending and receiving mailed goods.
It doesn't surprise me. We had an Amazon order delivered by UPS. I find it interesting that my mail is coming earlier in the day than usual though.

We have a tiny shop in Utica about 10 miles from home and he carries
all Wheels of cheeses and he slices what you need. No credit card...just
cash and he also makes his own mozzarella Hopefully what I now have
in the refrig will last until we GO OUT again, Aria
We were able to go to an Italian type deli when we lived in Corning CA. They had slice to order pepperoni and etc. I would go there and get pizza making ingredients. Here is Woodland, none of the Deli's sell pepperoni.

It doesn't surprise me. We had an Amazon order delivered by UPS. I find it interesting that my mail is coming earlier in the day than usual though.

I ordered some water painting supplies for my son through Amazon. I was hoping he would get them as an Easter present. Nope, looks like it will be a happy May Day present instead. (They're prioritizing which packages to send first, which I totally understand and don't have a problem with.)

I ordered some water painting supplies for my son through Amazon. I was hoping he would get them as an Easter present. Nope, looks like it will be a happy May Day present instead. (They're prioritizing which packages to send first, which I totally understand and don't have a problem with.)
Things that go Amazon delivery seem to be getting here faster.

I was wondering if you'd made other bread shapes like your turkey. Do you have others your could share some pictures of?
Nothing else fancy. Once I get back into the groove of bread baking I'll see what I can come up with.

Today we had some fun with yeast (outdated yeast...). I made a sponge last night and then turned that into a loaf of bread and a stack of pancakes this morning. The bread was slightly under baked in my opinion but I had to leave and DW doesn't ever bake bread so she just took it out at 35 minutes like I said. It's still good though. I used King Arthur Flour's recipe for a sandwich loaf. Is a little on the salty side, but that makes it great by itself or with butter. DS approves.
20200411_180042.jpg

20200411_180000.jpg

The pancakes were a first for me. I've never made yeast pancakes. I always use baking powder (which my mother managed to grab for me and dropped it off today with a few other things). The pancakes were tasty though. I didn't use a recipe for them. I just decided to wing it.
20200411_123924.jpg

Well, I understand too. Things are much different than they were. Amazon Prime? Get it tomorrow! This too shall pass.

Nothing else fancy. Once I get back into the groove of bread baking I'll see what I can come up with.

Today we had some fun with yeast (outdated yeast...). I made a sponge last night and then turned that into a loaf of bread and a stack of pancakes this morning. The bread was slightly under baked in my opinion but I had to leave and DW doesn't ever bake bread so she just took it out at 35 minutes like I said. It's still good though. I used King Arthur Flour's recipe for a sandwich loaf. Is a little on the salty side, but that makes it great by itself or with butter. DS approves.
View attachment 2085356
View attachment 2085375

The pancakes were a first for me. I've never made yeast pancakes. I always use baking powder (which my mother managed to grab for me and dropped it off today with a few other things). The pancakes were tasty though. I didn't use a recipe for them. I just decided to wing it.
View attachment 2085376
There is a recipe for yeast pancakes in the google sheet. They are very good!

Back
Top Bottom