Any Home Bakers Here?

I have a loaf of sour dough bread in the oven. I turned the oven on and hubby side tracked me asking if I wanted to go for a gator ride...totally forgot about my bread. Needless to say it does not look pretty as it raised an extra 1-1/2 hours. I hope it still tastes ok.
3A91410A-FB7D-4FB4-B617-B5FC75874A5C.jpeg F5359B45-1125-4954-9662-1BDB8A0FAB1C.jpeg

I have a loaf of sour dough bread in the oven. I turned the oven on and hubby side tracked me asking if I wanted to go for a gator ride...totally forgot about my bread. Needless to say it does not look pretty as it raised an extra 1-1/2 hours. I hope it still tastes ok.
View attachment 2158193View attachment 2158192
Make sure you post photo of THIS OVER RAISED BREAD...it might be funny? Thanks for sharing. Aria

Baking success today- GF Pain De Mie.
Until my last batch of GF books arrived I never knew of this bread. I have a fair amount of GF books and GF baking books, but none of them have Pain De Mie.

Since I asked here about using extra eggs last week for altitude, I've been reading and wanting to make an easy bread with a lot of eggs to see how it turned out. Challah is what came to mind, but since I'm still monkeying with other altitude adjustments the new PDM recipe seemed like a good one to play with. I made quite a few changes, enough so I'm not sure it still qualifies as PDM as it's a much more robust bread, but it worked and it's a keeper!

Very average looking on the outside (which is a good thing) but oh what wonderful goodness on the inside. Enough so that dinner was 2 eggs, semi sunny side up, on a slice of bread. That's it. I didn't even bother to toast the bread.
Fresh eggs on fresh baked bread. So simple, yet so satisfying to a GF soul.

Back
Top Bottom