Any Home Bakers Here?

Jared, You can play it.....SUPER. Years ago my husband and I had a Band. He played drums. I was MC booked jobs and sang with the group....We played current tunes of the day and standards. We worked at all the Colleges in the area, Golf Clubs and Weddings. That was a great fun time in our lives. Floyd still has his Drums and I have my tamboreen. Fond memories. Aria

That is so neat Aria 😊 that must have been loads of fun!!

Mostly marans a few light brown but mostly marans

We had two marans when we first started out and I really liked them 😊 hope to get more one day !!

Table Bread for Soups and Stews
(Perfect for dippin')

3 cups AP flour
2 (fluid) cups warm water
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
Olive oil
Mix flour, water and salt together with a mixer equipped with the dough hook or paddle attachment or by hand with a sturdy spatula until there's no dry patches.
Let sit in the bowl for 20 minutes so the flour can hydrate, you want a thick, batter like dough. Add a bit of water depending on your humidity, too wet is fine, too dry makes it tough.
Sprinkle yeast mixed with sugar over dough and mix again until combined. (Remember to scrape!)
Increase mixer speed and kneed 10 minutes until the dough pulls off the sides when the mixer is on, it will get smooth and glossy.
Cover bowl with a damp tea towel and let rise in a warm place for at least 1 and half hours, but the longer you wait, the yeastier it will be, I do 3-4 hour, once I did 7, but it went to the bitter side of yeasty.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Coat a rimmed baking sheet with the olive oil, you want it a little thick, the bottom more or less fries.
Pour dough out onto prepared pan, with oiled fingers, spread out
Let rise again for about 15 minutes.
Dock with fork and sprinkle more salt.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes depending on your oven, until golden on top.
Rip and to hunks or cut with a pizza knife and dip into soup, stew and sauces. Best eaten the same day but store in a sealed container or baggie.
You can add rosemary leaves, garlic, black pepper, shredded parmigiano cheese and other flavors right before the long rise for tastier bread. Use a light hand though!

(Perfect for dippin')

3 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
Olive oil
Mix flour, water and salt together with a mixer equipped with the dough hook or paddle attachment or by hand with a sturdy spatula until there's no dry patches.
Let sit in the bowl for 20 minutes so the flour can hydrate, you want a thick, batter like dough. Add a bit of water depending on your humidity, too wet is fine, too dry makes it tough.
Sprinkle yeast mixed with sugar over dough and mix again until combined. (Remember to scrape!)
Increase mixer speed and kneed 10 minutes until the dough pulls off the sides when the mixer is on, it will get smooth and glossy.
Cover bowl with a damp tea towel and let rise in a warm place for at least 1 and half hours, but the longer you wait, the yeastier it will be, I do 3-4 hour, once I did 7, but it went to the bitter side of yeasty.
Coat a rimmed baking sheet with the olive oil, you want it a little thick, the bottom more or less fries.
Rip and to hunks or cut with a pizza knife and dip into soup, stew and sauces. Best eaten the same day but store in a sealed container or baggie.
You can add rosemary leaves, garlic, black pepper, shredded parmigiano cheese and other flavors right before the long rise for tastier bread. Use a light hand though!
Thanks for the recipe!

(Perfect for dippin')

3 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
Olive oil

Sounds really good, thanks for sharing 👍

(Perfect for dippin')

3 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
Olive oil

Sounds good, I like the idea of adding some seasonings (like rosemary or black pepper) to it!

I guess with a name like "aria" you sort of have to be a singer :)

Sounds like a good time for you and Floyd!
Debby, WE HAD A BALL.....We worked every Saturday. Afternoon and Evening engagements. And we had all the latest equipment. It projected my voice so it sounded BETTER THAN I WAS. ha ha. We had special
clothes ...guys in black and white.....AND I had the most beautiful outfits.
Will Never forget the fun we had....and it lasted for YEARS and YEARS. Aria

It sounds like it over raised. I would use the poke test next time.
Hmmm, I guess it could be. It didn't rise that time as much as it has on some others, I've had a couple of "muffin tops" that didn't sink.

They are super taste
and healthy
Well THAT just ruins the purpose of cookies! ;)

I teach my boys to cook, same as the girls. I call it Bachelor Survival.
And/or Wife Magnet

I know this is not really about baking but free range yolks are unbelievable.
I thought that too until my daughter read the front of the bag of layer feed. It contains Marigold Extract for yolk color. I use a local Vermont mill's products (Poulin Grain) and they also now have the same feed without the extract. $9.99/50# vs $12.99. I've only got 2 laying now (everyone else moulted and quit) and haven't caught up to those laid when the flock was on the new feed. Curious to see how much color is lost. No sense paying an extra $3/bag through the winter when they aren't laying anyway.

In UK, when someone asks how you are, you are supposed to say ok, or would you like one of my home made cakes again it's supposed to be, no thanks. Well my lips intend to say no but a yes please sort of falls accidentally out of my mouth :he :D
If they don't want the answer, they shouldn't ask the question :D

On craigslist for $200? No problems with it? Well, that was the case, it passed testing, so I got it.
$200???? :th
Do you, just a little bit, feel like you should be standing for a mug shot? ;)

Nice find, I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much.

Back
Top Bottom