Any Home Bakers Here?

@Aria I have used vinegar to remove strong odor in my house in the past, not sure if it will work on smoke. some say to boil a cup of vinegar in a pot, some say to just leave a bowl of vinegar on the counter, i did the second and it definately helped when we had the kitchen drain back-up.

The vinegar smell goes away fairly quick when you get rid of the bowl of vinegar.

@Aria I have used vinegar to remove strong odor in my house in the past, not sure if it will work on smoke. some say to boil a cup of vinegar in a pot, some say to just leave a bowl of vinegar on the counter, i did the second and it definately helped when we had the kitchen drain back-up.

The vinegar smell goes away fairly quick when you get rid of the bowl of vinegar.
wyoDreamer, Vinegar is Good for a lot of things. Thank you for the
tip. I mix 3 T of Dawn in a spray bottle and fill remainder of the
jar with White Vinegar....I USE it to clean EVERYTHING in my home.

And I read that 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar added to Yeast Dough
is added to the recipe ... improves the rise and does MORE for the
Bread. Aria

I had someone approach me to harvest their citrus before the freeze a month ago. I landscape for a living and it was basically come get them so they don't go to waste. Well 4 crates of honey bells and two of tangelos later I have made orange bread, poke cake, upside down cake, custard pie. I have a few (dozens) left and yes I am eating them plain and froze a few. Anyone have any favorite orange recipe that makes the oranges shine? I hate the recipes full of jello and hardly any real orange. I think the upside down cake was the favorite.

I had someone approach me to harvest their citrus before the freeze a month ago. I landscape for a living and it was basically come get them so they don't go to waste. Well 4 crates of honey bells and two of tangelos later I have made orange bread, poke cake, upside down cake, custard pie. I have a few (dozens) left and yes I am eating them plain and froze a few. Anyone have any favorite orange recipe that makes the oranges shine? I hate the recipes full of jello and hardly any real orange. I think the upside down cake was the favorite.
I’m going through a ton of oranges with the animals, little human, making juice, and using the zest for scones, french toast and muffins.

What a lucky duck! Do you, by any chance, have a freeze dryer?

If you are a jelly maker, you can make marmalade.

Back
Top Bottom