Any Home Bakers Here?

I second that, it's baking! This cold has been so nasty and it's just hanging on this year! I ended up having yesterday off and my son was in school. I was so excited, then just woke in the worst mood yesterday! My nose was all stuffy and my head felt all foggy. I had to force myself to go for a jog, clean the car and to do something I enjoy while kid free. I went to a few thrift stores and took myself out to lunch. I got some cute shirts, but was still in a funky mood. I told my husband "I'm in a bad mood, there's absolutely no reason for it, but I'm having trouble shaking it." He just said, at least you know your in a bad mood for no reason! Lol. I did my best not to be grumpy. Of course, now that I'm working today, my mood is great and my head feels better. Maybe I'll do sourdough waffles for tomorrow! My son would love that! He's been stuffy for about two weeks too
1f612.png

Glad to hear you're feeling better too @Alice28 .

P.S. I can hear DH sniffling in the next room. You guys aren't contagious are you?

I'm somewhat of a germaphobic, wash my hands way too much. But, OMG, let someone use my flip phone and didn't clean it. Found out after I caught the bug they were sick…
he.gif
Mine was more of a nuisance, but many in our area are really sick. I just try to stay away from them the best I can.

@Alice28 , I wanted waffles too. But the breakfast casserole will last us a few days.

Hope y'all's weather is better than ours…way too cold and windy past few days.

Anyone got baking plans?

It's 32 here this morning, when we got up it was 28. Way too cold for me!

I'd like to do some baking today but not sure what to make. I did bread yesterday and we're out of cheesecake so maybe something sweet. Might try an angel food cake, never made one before. Or cookies. Decisions, decisions, lol.

sunflour, care to share your breakfast casserole recipe?

I just spent over half an hour trying to find the chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
lau.gif
(it is post #66, if anyone cares)
I have a bunch of very brown bananas that need to be used. and I got a nod from DH to bake them into bread.
I think I need to clean the oven first. This oven has removable sides to make cleaning easy. They fit in the sink!

I just spent over half an hour trying to find the chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
lau.gif
I have a bunch of very brown bananas that need to be used. and I got a nod from DH to bake them into bread.
I think I need to clean the oven first. This oven has removable sides to make cleaning easy. They fit in the sink!
Use the search thread tool next time--It is much faster. It is at the top of each page about the middle. There are advanced options if you know more, like who posted it.

Last edited:
I was using the search feature. we discussed bananas, chocolate and chocolate chips a lot ... it was chocolate-chip, the dash threw my search off.
And when it came up in the search, it was at the bottom of the page of options and in paragraph form so I missed it.
I am such a dork at times...

I was using the search feature. we discussed bananas, chocolate and chocolate chips a lot ... it was chocolate-chip, the dash threw my search off.
And when it came up in the search, it was at the bottom of the page of options and in paragraph form so I missed it.
I am such a dork at times...
I has a similar problem yesterday--wound up I was searching on the wrong thread!

I really like the search this thread tool. It is much better than the one at the top for search the site.

It's 32 here this morning, when we got up it was 28. Way too cold for me!

I'd like to do some baking today but not sure what to make. I did bread yesterday and we're out of cheesecake so maybe something sweet. Might try an angel food cake, never made one before. Or cookies. Decisions, decisions, lol.

sunflour, care to share your breakfast casserole recipe?
Breakfast casserole:

1/2 # cooked sausage
5 eggs
1 + 1/8 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp pepper - don't add if you use hot sausage ( forgot and added, and it was spicy)
4 oz shredded cheese

2.5-3 slices of torn up bread.

Whisk or beat eggs &
milk with spices, stir in cheese and cooked sausage and bread. Drain sausage if greasy, we use undrained Tenn. Pride Hot sausage.

I use a 2 qt casserole dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

** this is a half recipe, I estimate the 1/8 cup on the milk.

Make ahead and refrigerate overnite, let sit out 30 minutes while oven heating.

Duh, I left out the salt and it was still really good. Had for breakfast and lunch today.

*********************************************************************************

Let us know how Angel food cake turns out…I love them. never tried one and would love to do it. Can you cook those in a bundt cake pan? I don't have a tube cake pan.

lau.gif
Removable sides??? Never heard of removable sides in an oven. What type of oven do you have?

When I placed my breakfast casserole in oven this am, and after preheat, smelled something sweet and saw a big blob of spill under the lower heating element. It is a handful size…cannot imagine what it was. Really don't remember any recent spill overs. Mystery. Will have to scrape that out.

Hope your bread is wonderful. Never thought about rescuing really brown nanas.

Back
Top Bottom