Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Ok, New York Cheesecake is in the oven. This recipe has me a bit flustered. The last items to go into the mixture are milk, vanilla and 1/4 cup flour. Now how the heck do you get that flour in their and not beat the heck out of the mixture to make it smooth? I didn't want to overbeat it and put too much air in the batter. Well, did my best, time will tell. A lot of time apparently because after it bakes for an hour, it has to stay in the oven with the door closed 5-6 hours. Kind of sweating this one!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Hope yours turned out as well as mine...
    Had my waffles this am…had lots of batter left over, wish you could have it [​IMG] but don't think it will mail well..

I love cheese cake, especially the plain regular cheesecake type…so best just drool over yours, 'cause I would eat it all...[​IMG]

"12 step program for cheesecake-aholics" [​IMG]

3. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wishing waffles mailed now [​IMG]

Can you hold the batter over until tomorrow? If DH isn't using the car tomorrow, I think I can be there in time for breakfast! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    This was from All Recipes?

I think they wanted you to mix the flour, milk and sour cream together in a little bowl and then add it to the cream cheese batter.

Wondra flour might work better.

5. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Sorry, but I threw it out...

Seriously, I have tried freezing them in the past, but the sourdough waffles didn't as well as regular ones, seem to be too moist in centers for reheat in toaster.
    Next time will 1/2 the batter…..if distresses me to trash out good fixins.

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    You didn't cook up the extra waffles for the chickens ?!?! Shame on you!

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Not All Recipes. I got this recipe from the springform pan I just bought (Mom's was dented and I was worried about it leaking). I like your idea of mixing the milk, flour and vanilla together before adding it to the batter @ronott1 . If this is good enough to make again, I'll do that.

Still sitting in the oven, another 2 hrs. to go before I can pull it out and chill it. So far, no cracks showing. [​IMG]

8. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    My flock would not eat it without syrup and butter, blue berries and ahh..whipcream... and a couple need to be on a diet [​IMG] Actually they don't like bread products…they want protein + shredded green leafy veggie + raisins on a special platter every day after egg laying and sand baths are over. ( not kidding, they likely would picket and go on strike if they don't get it).

Another 1.5 hours from now…oh my…can't wait to hear how it does. I am sure it will turn out well.

I really was hoping you would do the Angel food cake. I am thinking about trying it sometime.

9. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    This is today's treat tray menu: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 medium sized collard leaf shredded, 1 small box of raisins. Served in the Hen's own special platter.

Price….$$$ 3 large eggs today...

[​IMG]

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'll be making one, don't worry! DH was just crazed thinking about that new pan sitting there and not being used right away.

Your girls' are funny! Mine would resort to breaking and entering into the house if they knew that's where bread products come from. They don't get it very often but if we have some going stale, they get it. Usually DH eats all the bread I make. In addition to needing a cheesecake intervention, he's a devoted "breadie". LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by