Any Home Bakers Here?

:D   Ice cube molds. I bet they do make good jello molds too.
I have a weird "I really shouldn't be baking in this" feeling about silicone. I have some cup cake liners... and I can not bring myself to use them, but if Zeil likes them, then I might give it a try.

Silicone up to ridiculously high temperatures is an inert substance, if you were to use it in an open fire you might have some problems.

I'm much more concerned about Teflon products and have long banished them from my kitchen, however you'd be amazed how many places they crop up.

For stovetop cooking I love stainless steel. Most of my favorites recommend hand washing, so I do. But wonder why, shouldn't stainless steel be dishwasher safe? Maybe they are sneaking some aluminum on those?

For stovetop cooking I love stainless steel. Most of my favorites recommend hand washing, so I do. But wonder why, shouldn't stainless steel be dishwasher safe? Maybe they are sneaking some aluminum on those?
I like stainless steel too, and cast iron but when I bought my last stove glass top it says not to use cast iron so now my cast iron fry pan only goes into the oven. The rest are hanging up.
hmm.png

Since I don't have a dish washer never have I have to had wash everything.

Have you seen the stainless steel cook ware Mother earth news has? I bought 2 fry pans and I love them, when they have a sale they are priced nice.

For stovetop cooking I love stainless steel.  Most of my favorites recommend hand washing, so I do.  But wonder why, shouldn't stainless steel be dishwasher safe?   Maybe they are sneaking some aluminum on those?

From what I've read the dishwasher chemicals can be harsh enough to damage stainless steel.

Meanwhile have you ever tried just rinsing the pans whilst hot, having great luck with that.

I like stainless steel too, and cast iron but when I bought my last stove glass top it says not to use cast iron so now my cast iron fry pan only goes into the oven. The rest are hanging up.
hmm.png

Since I don't have a dish washer never have I have to had wash everything.

Have you seen the stainless steel cook ware Mother earth news has? I bought 2 fry pans and I love them, when they have a sale they are priced nice.
I've seen the Mother Earth cookware advertised in my email...wondered what they were like. Thanks for the testimonial ML!

I really do like them alot and the lids too.

Good to know. DH has been gripping about one of our skillets. Maybe (if he's good) he can have one for Christmas. That is what every guy would like right?
big_smile.png

Love my cast iron, too
I have an ancient Farberware saucepan that was my mother's--just right for heating 1 can of anything---probably will last forever-and a sentimental favorite

Good to know. DH has been gripping about one of our skillets. Maybe (if he's good) he can have one for Christmas. That is what every guy would like right?
big_smile.png
Well maybe not every guy, mine would rather have something to go on his Harley.
hmm.png
But I think that is neat your dh would be happy with one.
big_smile.png

Well maybe not every guy, mine would rather have something to go on his Harley.
hmm.png
But I think that is neat your dh would be happy with one.
big_smile.png

Well, he DOES love to cook and I DO love to eat so guess it's a match made in heaven!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom