Any Home Bakers Here?

That all reminds me of that old joke...

thumbsup.gif

Are we seriously discussing poor kitchen choices?

I once seared two off my fingerprints clean off taking a pie out of the oven, well technically it was out, it was out, I put it on the stove top to cool, took the mit off and it started to slide off the edge of the stove, guess what my knee jerk reaction was?

I also once over whipped cream, which isn't so bad, but when I saw it was going to butter my impulse was to immediately flip the top of the mixer up removing the beaters from the bowl before I'd turned it off.

My first cheesecake I water bathed without first wrapping the pan in foil...

I got cocky making liquid soap waaay too fast. I was never stupid enough to ditch the goggles and gloves but I didn't see why I would need to wear long sleeves as well. Needless to say a strong gust of wind gave me chemical burns from the end of my gloves all the way up to the beginnings of my shirt sleeves.

Taking the instruction half fill pan with batter as a suggestion, lord the mess...

Taking the instruction leave to completely cool in pan as a suggestion... White chocolate mudcake sticks and burns if you try to stop it from oozing onto the floor after you've flipped it out much, much, much too early.

Well now, that makes me feel like I am in good company! I have done all but the Cheese cake and the soap...

I slept with my hand in ice water for two nights. man that hurt. Glass pans are hotter than they look.

Well now, that makes me feel like I am in good company! I have done all but the Cheese cake and the soap...

I slept with my hand in ice water for two nights. man that hurt. Glass pans are hotter than they look.

I have a theory that Pyrex is always the temp of the sun no matter what temp the oven actually was.

It looked cool enough.
The worst part was it was heavy and I was well into the way of carrying it from counter to table, The choice was drop it or don't drop it.
The finger prints did grow back though, so no bank heists in the distant future.

It looked cool enough.
The worst part was it was heavy and I was well into the way of carrying it from counter to table, The choice was drop it or don't drop it.
The finger prints did grow back though, so no bank heists in the distant future.

Yeah mine too, I was seriously brassed off about that, thought crime was totally in my future after that tragic accident that left me all twisted...

At least isn't that how it happens in the comics?

Darn, we missed our chances to become comic strip villains. I did however decide that instead of being a villain I would be a super hero. My name is Jan, so I pop into the nearest supply closet and pop back out as Jan-i-tor! Cleaner upper of evil. I bop bad guys with toilet brushes.

yuckyuck.gif
You guys are killing me this morning...just what the day calls for, a good laugh!

Back
Top Bottom