Any Home Bakers Here?

I use oreo cookies--just scrape out the filling and smash them like graham crackers.
Great idea and what to do with the discarded filling …that's my favorite part of Oreos and would have to eat it
big_smile.png
while the cheese cake is baking.

I made a cheese cake. I made a shortbread crust, and it worked out well. The graham cracker gets too mushy.
Haven't made cheese cake from scratch, but use graham cracker crusts for lemon & eagle brand pies and jello pies. Haven't had a lot of luck with homemade graham cracker crusts - some recipes direct to pre bake the cracker crusts, wonder if pre baking the crusts helps avoid the mushy issue?

Nonono... What a crime, grind them with the filling... Best cheesecake crust ever...

That's how I would do it too if I were using Oreos. And maybe use some broken pieces for garnish on top.

When I made a chocolate cheesecake last year, I made the chocolate wafer cookies for the crust. Now that was a crust! (And not at all mushy.)

That's how I would do it too if I were using Oreos. And maybe use some broken pieces for garnish on top.

When I made a chocolate cheesecake last year, I made the chocolate wafer cookies for the crust. Now that was a crust! (And not at all mushy.)

I think mushy has to do with whether or not you bake it before the filling is put in.

Yesterday DH took the dry cupcakes and cut them into thin layers. He then layered them in an 8x8" square pan with homemade whipping cream between layers and on top. It sat in the fridge for several hours and when we tried it last night if was great! Sort of like a version of icebox cake.

It was a really good way of using up the cupcakes (and tasted better than they did in their original form).

Yesterday DH took the dry cupcakes and cut them into thin layers. He then layered them in an 8x8" square pan with homemade whipping cream between layers and on top. It sat in the fridge for several hours and when we tried it last night if was great! Sort of like a version of icebox cake.

It was a really good way of using up the cupcakes (and tasted better than they did in their original form).
Wow, those sound wonderful..
droolin.gif

Have had a wicked craving for kfc, but don't like the treatment their chickens receive or the shady cooking practices, so going to be trying copycat recipes, anyone got any suggestions, or interested in results...

Bare in mind from what I understand Australian kfc is very different from us stuff.

Last edited:
Is anybody entering this contest? 11647/official-byc-contest-chicken-and-egg-recipes-win-a-byc-cookbook#post_15671354

I didn't know there was a contest like that going on. It might be fun to check out. Thanks @sunflour !

Two words...

THIN MINTS.
:D

Ohhhh myyyy now THAT makes a crust for a cheesecake... If you like minty with your chocolatey ;)

Back
Top Bottom