1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
i never leaving this website ahhh i am a baking freak/cooking/ garden obsessed!!! Hi!!
Hi and Welcome!

You gotta leave to take care of the chooks and bake stuff!

We do have a lot of fun though.

NFC, thanks for the info.

Do you have the thread catalogued?  Wish I had done so, there's so many great recipes and tips in here.

WAIT!!?? There's a LIST of you guy's recipes???

Was hoping you could tell me how..:/

There are so, so many great recipes and tips in this thread - when I try to go back to find one the search is frustrating.  
Will put that on my what to do list for if I can ever retire..:lau

Oohhhh, me too. :rolleyes:

I ptint them as pdf docs and save them to drop box. I Have also added my personal recepes too.

Oohs, now that's the makings of a good recipe book........You could have nifty chicken print it, hint hint....:caf

@sunflour
  I know a restaurant owner who used to do the baking and had to stop due to severe allergy to the flour, bet this was her problem since  she can do home baking without problems, but severe respiratory problems at work - will let her know to check on the possibility and let her explore the commercial flours they purchase.   I use  unbleached AP flour for everything except biscuits and will explore my brand to see how they bleach that!  I do find it disturbing that [COLOR=333333]C2H4N4O2 is a know respiratory irritant, but our FDA has let it remain in use here because of "inadequate number of studies" to ban it..[/COLOR]:idunno .

I hope that is the answer for her. The Flour distribution and bread bakers organizations have been real sneaky about slipping this into our supply, hoping nobody would notice I guess....I figured out what it was about 4 years before they started putting it on the label. But if it's in there, I'll know in about 5 minutes!
I guess I'm like the "canary in the coal mine" I've experienced several "organic" flours (I did buy bobs organic flour first, then went to berries to try and get clear of the chemical) that cause the same reaction in me. I was in Montana a few months back and was able to eat a roll they made with no bad effects , so I bought two 10# bags of their wheat berries. I really like it, made some German pancakes with it a month ago, really were good.
The local stores carry several good brands, King Arthur, Shepards Grain....ill try them when I run out of the Montana's.
I'll check the price against Azure too, that's an great option, especially if I'm not going through Montana.....(thanks @ronott1!)

Chipper Chicken your information is good to know and very fitting for our thread. It's good to share things like that.

Thanks for the roll compliment sunflour, weighing the dough and shaping it is worth the tiny bit of extra time it takes I think.

Well I am so glad not to be the party killer here :duc

sometimes, aw, most times.. people roll their eyes at me when I bring this up....so thanks :hugs

Btw, I bought a small scale, (I'll post a pic next week) and have been slowly switching over to weighing my ingredients. I'm so hit and miss on bread that I figured this was the edge I needed to be consistent. Mostly been using it for cookies and cornbread....but Next week I'll try bread again. :fl

Btw, I bought a small scale, (I'll post a pic next week) and have been slowly switching over to weighing my ingredients. I'm so hit and miss on bread that I figured this was the edge I needed to be consistent. Mostly been using it for cookies and cornbread....but Next week I'll try bread again.
fl.gif
Some of my recipes have weights and measures and some have just the measures. I find the ones where I weigh ingredients to be more consistent. Some time when I have oh, I dunno, 6 months or so to spare, I'd like to have all my favorite recipes in weights.

Let us know how using your scale works out for you!

@Jesusfreak101 glad to have you here
smile.png
Stay when you can and go when you need to, just be sure to share what you like with us!

Hi there! I am new to the thread but saw the yummy looking seeded rolls someone posted. I can't seem to find the recipe in the previous posts. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks!

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this thread but have been on BYC sine 2010. This thread always makes me hungry! I made hermit cookies today, with apples, raisins, and pecans. A word to the wise - don't make small cookies, because they are too easy to eat!

Back
Top Bottom