Any Home Bakers Here?

On a baking related note, the boys and I are making chocolate chip cookies. We have new neighbors moving in and it looks like they have kids around the age of the boys! Tonight after work, we will bring them over as a little welcome to the neighborhood. Then the rest of the cookie dough we have to pack up for camping. I bring the pizza stone and the lid to the BBQ and make cookies over the camp fire. Yum!
1f36a.png

On a baking related note, the boys and I are making chocolate chip cookies. We have new neighbors moving in and it looks like they have kids around the age of the boys! Tonight after work, we will bring them over as a little welcome to the neighborhood. Then the rest of the cookie dough we have to pack up for camping. I bring the pizza stone and the lid to the BBQ and make cookies over the camp fire. Yum!
1f36a.png

So nice to hear that folks in some areas welcome their neighbors, a sweet idea.

Hope y'all have a great time.

So nice to hear that folks in some areas welcome their neighbors, a sweet idea.

Hope y'all have a great time.

I try when people close to us move in to bring something over and say hi. We just went over and they have a six year old and four year old boy! So that's great! My two are the only kids on the street under 12. Most families have no kids at home or they are like high school age. So that was exciting to see kids their ages.

I always have vital wheat gluten on hand. Health food stores may carry it or you can get it online. If I can't get bread flour I add that to all purpose flour. 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten.

i will have to order it i guess. last time i went to the store i looked for that and could not find it.

I just can't keep up with the thread
1f629.png
1f62d.png
. I'm sorry, I have tried, but I have failed! Oh man! I have hardly been on the last few months! Just so much going on! We have officially started the adoption home study process to adopt our foster son!!! We had our first visit Monday. I feel so much less stress after meeting the adoption worker! She said our house is the first house she's ever been to where there isn't at least one thing on her safety checklist that needs to be done! I mean with a daycare and being foster parents, I would hope our house would pass all safety requirements. That would be scary if it didn't.

We are camping this weekend, but next week my goal is to pick something out of the recipe list on the first post and make it! I hope you all are having a great summer and I will try to do a better job keeping up with the thread!

Alice, so nice to see you here again. Best wishes for the adoption process to go quickly and smoothly
thumbsup.gif

Have any of the sourdough bread makers ever made sourdough bread with one raise? Just curious . I haven't but am going to try it.

You may not get the texture of the bread that you are used to with only one rise. Hopefully, you are only talking about letting it rise till double, then baking it. If you let it over-rise, the gluten strands will be broken and the texture will be off.
I like the 1 hour French Bread recipe, but it sure doesn't have the texture of the 2-rise French bread that I usually make.
At higher elevations, you need 3 rises to get a good bread texture... and be careful not to let it over-rise before the first punch down. I did that a couple of times before I found that you need to only let if rise for about 15-20 minutes before you need to punch it down.

Back
Top Bottom