Any Home Bakers Here?

Are you near a Walmart grocery? They carry it. I get mine at Winn Dixie.

If you have to order it, Bob's Red Mill carries it.

yes i have a walmart, but my walmart doesnt carry it. there backing section isnt very big. i live in puerto rico so you cant find some things here that you can over there. one of the bad things here and to order can be a pain sense they stopped doing free shipping here on amazon and there shipping can be a bit more expensive too.

Quote:

No I used a recipe on KAF. Is there a recipe on this thread for crackers? I ate them with homemade pepper jelly and homemade yogurt cream cheese.

Did you use this one? post #6970

It was from KA's site on discard sourdough uses. Looks like the index is lagging a little.

Yes I did thank you I didn't know I could find recipes here.

Did you use Rosemary? I didn't have any ... so used basil, garlic powder and onion powder suggested by one reviewer. They were tasty, but have some dried Rosemary, so want to try those next
jumpy.gif

*** you can also do a search the thread to find recipes not yet in the index. But always will welcome anyone to post what they are baking and want to share:)

I didn't get fancy...... I just wanted to see if I could make them. Just salt but I thought why not get some of those powders they make for popcorn to sprinkle on them.

I will use herbs next time and maybe get some cheddar in there too!

Thank you..... my first time on this thread, at least I think so!

Welcome. glad you joined the thread. I don't frequent it as much as I will in the Fall-Winter.

N F C started the thread and with a move and a new job she has little time right now to be active, but will pop in from time to time
wink.png

** I also added shredded Parmesan to those I tried - forgot that
idunno.gif

The reviewers mostly commented on cooking at lower temp, what did you use? I baked mine at 350 F. But may try a little higher next time?

I baked them at 400. I had some dark brown ones, the thinner smaller ones on the edges. I threw them away.

Thanks. I may try some @375 next time? But explored a lot of cracker recipes and most are baked at 400 - but not the 20 minutes KA states. Mine turned out kinda hard and Ron suggested it was likely the wheat flour - so next time will try with plain flour?

Update us if you try it again, and we LUV pics :)

Quote:

No I used a recipe on KAF. Is there a recipe on this thread for crackers? I ate them with homemade pepper jelly and homemade yogurt cream cheese.

It was from KA's site on discard sourdough uses. Looks like the index is lagging a little.

Yes I did thank you I didn't know I could find recipes here.

Did you use Rosemary? I didn't have any ... so used basil, garlic powder and onion powder suggested by one reviewer. They were tasty, but have some dried Rosemary, so want to try those next
jumpy.gif

*** you can also do a search the thread to find recipes not yet in the index. But always will welcome anyone to post what they are baking and want to share:)

I didn't get fancy...... I just wanted to see if I could make them. Just salt but I thought why not get some of those powders they make for popcorn to sprinkle on them.

I will use herbs next time and maybe get some cheddar in there too!

Thank you..... my first time on this thread, at least I think so!

Welcome. glad you joined the thread. I don't frequent it as much as I will in the Fall-Winter.

N F C started the thread and with a move and a new job she has little time right now to be active, but will pop in from time to time
wink.png

** I also added shredded Parmesan to those I tried - forgot that
idunno.gif

The reviewers mostly commented on cooking at lower temp, what did you use? I baked mine at 350 F. But may try a little higher next time?

I baked them at 400. I had some dark brown ones, the thinner smaller ones on the edges. I threw them away.

Thanks. I may try some @375 next time? But explored a lot of cracker recipes and most are baked at 400 - but not the 20 minutes KA states. Mine turned out kinda hard and Ron suggested it was likely the wheat flour - so next time will try with plain flour?

Update us if you try it again, and we LUV pics :)
Mine were hard but..... there was a very old cracker brand called Uneeda Biscuit. I used to make oyster dressing with them. They too were hard as a rock. I like mine.

My apologies for the index being behind. What with moving and now working 7 days a week, I've had trouble finding time to get the updates done. I'll try to get some recipes added soon.

N.F.C. - sounds like you have a lot going on! You have a lot on your plate. Don't worry too much about the index, we can make do with the search engine until you get life settled somewhat.
How is the settling in going? Are you loving Wyoming yet? hopefully you at least like it....

My apologies for the index being behind. What with moving and now working 7 days a week, I've had trouble finding time to get the updates done. I'll try to get some recipes added soon.

When the index began you had a lot more free time, but now with the move and long work hours I wonder how you can find time to do all the things you used to accomplish?

My new position also leaves me less availability, but I would be happy to pitch in and help - PM me if you want to set up a system for some help.

Back
Top Bottom