Any Home Bakers Here?

Oh my
old.gif
Is time passing quicker or am I just getting Old??
roll.png
No doubt about it I am an old lady. Many of my friends have passed away. I'm glad each morning when I wake up. I'm going to downsize my flock. It's getting harder and harder to care for them. I do it because it is a labor of love for my birds.

No doubt about it I am an old lady. Many of my friends have passed away. I'm glad each morning when I wake up. I'm going to downsize my flock. It's getting harder and harder to care for them. I do it because it is a labor of love for my birds.

Age is in the mind, just wish our bodies would understand that :)

You still have loads of friends here
hugs.gif

OK I have a question I don't have six hours to let it cook. But I have a crockpot recipe for lasagna and I am thinking that if I switch out some ingredients that it would cook faster. Such as precooked meat, oven ready noodles and jarred sauce. What do y'all think?

I turn 57 next month and I felt that way this morning, of course arthritis starts early in my family.

Feel free to borrow my husband's line Ron, "It's not the years, it's the mileage".
smile.png

OK I have a question I don't have six hours to let it cook. But I have a crockpot recipe for lasagna and I am thinking that if I switch out some ingredients that it would cook faster. Such as precooked meat, oven ready noodles and jarred sauce. What do y'all think?

I've only made lasagna in the oven and precooking everything is how I do it for the oven. Guess it would work the same as in the crockpot.

I only cooked twice in a crockpot and it's been stew lol. It calls for tomato sauce and spices I assume that it cooking the sauce. It calls for precooked meat and uncooked noodles the only thing I could think that would take six hours is Homemade sauce.

Anybody have a tried and true biscotti recipe -- one that would work well with some dried cranberries in it maybe? My mom and niece both LOVE biscotti and my mom loves cranberries so I was thinking of making some to include in the holiday treats going to their place this year.......

I love cooking in the crock pot, its so easy and hearty this time of year! My sister just made a sausage meal that was to die for! It was as follows:
Quartered red potatoes
1 pack of cream cheese
2 cans of cream of celery soup
2 packages of smoked sausage
1 ranch dip packet.
You mix the ranch packet with the soup, cut up the sausage and potatoes probly 6 or whatever looks good enough for you.
Place the meat and potatoes in crock pot, cover with soup mixture and cream cheese. Cook low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are soft.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom