Any Home Bakers Here?

Anybody have a tried and true biscotti recipe -- one that would work well with some dried cranberries in it maybe? My mom and niece both LOVE biscotti and my mom loves cranberries so I was thinking of making some to include in the holiday treats going to their place this year.......

I wish I did, those cranberry ones you're talking about sound tasty!

I love cooking in the crock pot, its so easy and hearty this time of year! My sister just made a sausage meal that was to die for! It was as follows:
Quartered red potatoes
1 pack of cream cheese
2 cans of cream of celery soup
2 packages of smoked sausage
1 ranch dip packet.
You mix the ranch packet with the soup, cut up the sausage and potatoes probly 6 or whatever looks good enough for you.
Place the meat and potatoes in crock pot, cover with soup mixture and cream cheese. Cook low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are soft.
sounds yummy!!

And fairly inexpensive
1f609.png

My heart feels young but my body doesn't. We are in our 70's.

70's? I thought you meant you were old, you have a lot of life to live
hugs.gif

I turn 57 next month and I felt that way this morning, of course arthritis starts early in my family.
Happy upcoming birthday...wish I was just turning 57
wink.png

OK I have a question I don't have six hours to let it cook. But I have a crockpot recipe for lasagna and I am thinking that if I switch out some ingredients that it would cook faster. Such as precooked meat, oven ready noodles and jarred sauce. What do y'all think?
I think it would be easier to just pick a recipe for oven baking
idunno.gif

70's? I thought you meant you were old,
Me too. That's the same age as Mick Jagger.....

I made a sausage dish as well. I hadn't mentioned it here because I thought it was more for baking. It was just sausages, olive oil, salt and pepper, tomato paste, a little bit of sugar, lots of onions and lots of capsicum. I have the recipe if anyone's interested.

Me too. That's the same age as Mick Jagger.....

I made a sausage dish as well. I hadn't mentioned it here because I thought it was more for baking. It was just sausages, olive oil, salt and pepper, tomato paste, a little bit of sugar, lots of onions and lots of capsicum. I have the recipe if anyone's interested.

Please share, it sounds good

Not yet.
sad.png
I have to figure out what the rest of the committee is making (which can be difficult
tongue.gif
) so that we don't bake to much of one thing. I expect I will make some pies though.
droolin.gif
I certainly will post pics!

You can't go wrong with pie.

Several years ago my mom would bake 50-100 pies for a couple of craft fairs in her city. She sold them by the slice and she always sold out, every time.

You can't go wrong with pie.

Several years ago my mom would bake 50-100 pies for a couple of craft fairs in her city. She sold them by the slice and she always sold out, every time.
Yeah, it seems just about everyone likes pie!
big_smile.png
Wow! that's a lot of pies, I don't think I would ever have the patience to bake that much!
lol.png

Yeah, it seems just about everyone likes pie!
big_smile.png
Wow! that's a lot of pies, I don't think I would ever have the patience to bake that much!
lol.png

She had a deal with the produce manager at her grocery store. He'd set aside all the over-ripe, bruised fruit for her (boxes of it) and she'd sort through it all, clean up and prep it for various fruit pies and keep the fillings stored in her freezer. She'd also make up dozens of pie crusts and freeze those. Dad fixed up their minivan with racks so the baked pies wouldn't roll around loose while they drove to the craft fairs.

They had quite a little biz going for themselves, lol.

Back
Top Bottom