Any Home Bakers Here?

Bread dough is in it's container, I figure I'll pull out a boule for tonight and put the rest in the fridge. Deb, will I be in trouble, I used a 4qt container?

You should be ok, especially considering you're going to remove some of the dough tonight. Once the dough is in the fridge, it doesn't really rise more.

Let me know how it turns out Bob, hope you like it!

Ron, I am going to make a pot of Soup. AND mix my multi grain
bread
Debby, how neat. Glad I joined this thread...when I read all that is
going on...I get going. AND I need that push. You are SUPER people to know. Regards, Aria

I know what you mean Aria. Reading what others are baking/cooking inspires me! And beside all the goodies, there are the good people :hugs

Eggnog cookies are made and they are wonderful!
100_0023.JPG

EGGNOG COOKIES
Cookie Dough
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup eggnog
1 egg, beaten
3 3/4 Cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg

Frosting
1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
1/4 Cup eggnog
1 tsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract

Sprinkle (see Note)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground ginger powder

1. Mix butter & sugar.
2. Add eggnog & egg.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & nutmeg.
4. Chill about 1 hour.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350*.
6. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes.
8. Pull out of oven & while still warm, push tops of cookies down with the bottom of a lightly greased glass to flatten out the tops of the cookies.
9. Cool on rack.
10. Mix up frosting ingredients.
11. Frost the cookies and while the frosting is still wet, top with spice sprinkle.

Note: The recipe only called for ground nutmeg to sprinkle the tops of the cookies, but I mixed together all the spices that we use when we make eggnog.

Yum! :drool

You should be ok, especially considering you're going to remove some of the dough tonight. Once the dough is in the fridge, it doesn't really rise more.

Let me know how it turns out Bob, hope you like it!
I have a bowl of yeast raised pancake batter in the fridge from yesterday. I will make a waffle or two in the morning with it. It keeps for several days and is very convenient in the morning.

Last night i fed my bread and put some out in another container to mix... oops forgot that. So i did it today. Guess i was feelin frisky cause it ended up havin italian seasonings dropped in it a d garlic and uhhhh onion. I kneaded it after dinner tonight a d omg it smells so good!

Sat we stopped off at a farmers market on the way home from gettin three new turkeys for here and hubby got me two and a half cases of stamen winesap apples..... tomorrow or wed i will be makin to can all things apple. Yum! My father has been beggin for some apple butter and the boys all want applesauce.

Back
Top Bottom