Any Home Bakers Here?

It is definitely a favorite here. I'm going to do the same and freeze in meal size portions with the gravy. Add a salad and some potatoes in a steam bag and it's a quick meal. Hubs calls it comfort food.

It's definitely comfort food (and we could all probably do with some comforting now). Great idea to fix it up as part of a freezer meal!

@N F C Debby, how forgiving is your Pizza Dough? It says room temp for two hours, if I get tied up and go 3 hours will it still work?

It's pretty forgiving Bob, you'd probably be fine with the 3 hours. Just know that the dough will start to rise a bit as it warms up, so if you have it in zip lock bags you'll want to open the bag a little to make room.

20200327_163126.jpg

Well, it was a good dinner. Got my sister hooked on duck.

In the City of Davis here you have to show a reason to be out.
Like buying food I hope.

Yes! One of the hotspots of the outbreak. It is getting bad here. New York is likely like this now or soon
I would hope so given they have almost 45K positives. The next closest is NJ with 8,800. Big drop to the 3,800 in California. Hopefully the earlier lockdown will keep a larger % of Californians from getting it.

Hopefully @DigMyChicks will report soon. The start I sent raised whole wheat bread with the first discard!
Mine did too but I didn't understand what it was doing so I followed the instructions, tossing and feeding.

Here’s my bread using Ron’s starter.
Looks similar to my first (and second and third ...) efforts. Good bread.

It is! I can see on the jar that it has risen at some point but it's not right now.
Am I supposed to discard half of the starter before I feed it the second time?
Like Ron said, feed it, when it rises use it. Just don't turn your back on it for a few hours or you won't know it rose.

Back
Top Bottom