Any Home Bakers Here?

I managed to grab 10 lbs of flour at the store today. I go out a infrequently as possible right now, and when I do get out it seems like the shelves are empty. The only reason I got the flour was because the put a pallet out in a main isle. The baking aisle actually had no flour except a few small packages of fancy stuff (coconut, semolina, almond etc.). They were out of baking powder, which I'm also out of, and the only had bread machine yeast, which I probably could have worked with. I'm really hoping that the sourdough starter shows up in the mail tomorrow @ronott1. At this point, I'm counting on it to be able to bake anything leavened even though I am inexperienced with sourdough.

I managed to grab 10 lbs of flour at the store today. I go out a infrequently as possible right now, and when I do get out it seems like the shelves are empty. The only reason I got the flour was because the put a pallet out in a main isle. The baking aisle actually had no flour except a few small packages of fancy stuff (coconut, semolina, almond etc.). They were out of baking powder, which I'm also out of, and the only had bread machine yeast, which I probably could have worked with. I'm really hoping that the sourdough starter shows up in the mail tomorrow @ronott1. At this point, I'm counting on it to be able to bake anything leavened even though I am inexperienced with sourdough.
I found AP flour and Walmart yesterday. I did not see yeast though.

I hope the starter is there soon too!

You can get most of your baking supplies from Amazon, just takes a week or two to get there. Bread Flour and AP flour not so much.

After my mother died, I was tasked with putting together a collection of her recipes. @N F C has one of those cookbooks.

Is the book available to buy. I love to cook and I have over 200 cookbooks. I bought one cookbook for one recipe. Thanks for the information.

I put all my mother's recipes together before she died.

I put all my mother's recipes together before she died.
It would have been much easier and more complete if I had done this. Some of her recipes, I had to re-create. Some I did not bother with. Too many of her recipes, like mine were not written down but solely existed in her mind.

Back
Top Bottom