Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi bakers! So my circa 1995 Maytag oven is ready to bite the dust! The other day I had the door open while swapping the cookie sheets and heard a loud bang. It was so loud I thought maybe a tree had fallen on the house. My little grandson had a vacuum running a few feet away and he was still happily vacuuming and yapping at me like they do and like nothing happened. Once I got that shut off and got my bearings I figured out the spring in the oven door had broken. :gig
It still works, but the door isn’t properly closed enough, it hasn’t been able to keep a light bulb working in years, and one time I had to shut the breaker off because the touchpad controls were unresponsive and I couldn’t shut it off. I told DH no don’t order new springs for $60 each. There is a new oven in the near future for me! So if you have one you like or one you hate, I would love to hear about it!

Hi bakers! So my circa 1995 Maytag oven is ready to bite the dust! The other day I had the door open while swapping the cookie sheets and heard a loud bang. It was so loud I thought maybe a tree had fallen on the house. My little grandson had a vacuum running a few feet away and he was still happily vacuuming and yapping at me like they do and like nothing happened. Once I got that shut off and got my bearings I figured out the spring in the oven door had broken. :gig
It still works, but the door isn’t properly closed enough, it hasn’t been able to keep a light bulb working in years, and one time I had to shut the breaker off because the touchpad controls were unresponsive and I couldn’t shut it off. I told DH no don’t order new springs for $60 each. There is a new oven in the near future for me! So if you have one you like or one you hate, I would love to hear about it!
Do you have an oven or a stove with a cook top?

Back
Top Bottom