Any Home Bakers Here?

@Marie2020 this is the recipe I use for either pumpkin or sweet potato pies.

For a 9" pie:

Pastry for a 9" pie (blind baked about 8 minutes)
2 eggs
1 pound of pumpkin or sweet potatoes (baked & mashed)
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 2/3 Cups evaporated milk

Heat oven to 425*
Beat the eggs slightly, then beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into pastry-lined pan.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350* and bake another 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

@Ladies-Eight I'll be interested in seeing how your recipe varies.

I really enjoy any dessert with cinnamon ;)
That reminds me of feeding dog treats to my m-i-l. :lol: It was store bought snickerdoodle dog treats. She was over for tea. She loved the taste, but said it was dry. I said to give it to the dog, and she hollered about cinnamon giving dogs worms. As funny as that was, telling her I’d fed her dog food was funnier.

Made a round white loaf to have with dinner today. I forgot to order the bread flour I usually get. Will have to get some on the next food shop. Turned out nice tho.
I get good results using the organic AP flour from costco.

It is nice to have a source of good flour!

That reminds me of feeding dog treats to my m-i-l. :lol: It was store bought snickerdoodle dog treats. She was over for tea. She loved the taste, but said it was dry. I said to give it to the dog, and she hollered about cinnamon giving dogs worms. As funny as that was, telling her I’d fed her dog food was funnier.
:lau Too funny!

Hey bakers stopped buying the ap at costco too many lumps having to sift for anything .. But did my pies this morning a dutch apple and a pumpkin also did one with no crust in the oven now for tonight .. Also pizza tonight of course made here
001.jpg

Hey bakers stopped buying the ap at costco too many lumps having to sift for anything .. But did my pies this morning a dutch apple and a pumpkin also did one with no crust in the oven now for tonight .. Also pizza tonight of course made here View attachment 2425090
Nice Pies!

Another recipe winner... I haven't cooked much Greek and never had training in their cooking techniques so this recipe is good as it sets forth cook time for different stages. It was excellent.

https://www.food.com/recipe/mediterranean-pork-chops-243405

I didn't add any salt. I pan fried the pork chops with garlic powder and garlic powder. Served it up with a side of salad. Pita bread would be nice too.

Back
Top Bottom