Any Home Bakers Here?

@Marie2020 this is the recipe I use for either pumpkin or sweet potato pies.

For a 9" pie:

Pastry for a 9" pie (blind baked about 8 minutes)
2 eggs
1 pound of pumpkin or sweet potatoes (baked & mashed)
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 2/3 Cups evaporated milk

Heat oven to 425*
Beat the eggs slightly, then beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into pastry-lined pan.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350* and bake another 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

@Ladies-Eight I'll be interested in seeing how your recipe varies.
Thanks Debbie :)

Slowly getting my Thanksgiving baking done! Two more pies to go! First out of the oven is Pumpkin Pie, made with pumpkin from our garden! I followed this recipe for the filling!
Sally's Baking Addiction Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie.jpg

I tried a new recipe for Thanksgiving this year! It is a French Pumpkin Pie! A couple of things to note on this. It called for an 11" tart ring, I do not have one, so I baked it in my tart pan! I lined the pan with parchment paper, but realized after the fact than I should have greased the edges...oops! It also states that this pie should be eaten on the day it was baked, while still slightly warm, I didn't feel I would have time to do this tomorrow, so we are actually going to cut into it tonight after it cools a bit and we will have it again tomorrow to see which way we like it better! I'll report back if anyone is interested! :)
French Pumpkin Pie

French Pumpkin Pie ready to bake.jpg

French Pumpkin Pie Baked.jpg

Back
Top Bottom