Any Home Bakers Here?

:eek:Look :wee:celebrate I made my first brownies in six years. They are so yummy.

View attachment 2540881
Please excuse the missing chunk, I don't think this picture will be any good in the Easter competition. I'm just so greedy :drool

They look great :drool
:love Here's a slice for Grammy. Sorry lovely I had to have bite incase it wasn't baked well enough :D:drool View attachment 2540895

Thanks Marie, I don't mind as I like to share 😁

Very nice, they look amazing !!

View attachment 2540899
French bread out of the oven. I actually have a question.

See that splitting on the side? That happened during baking. What do you think caused it? How do I prevent it in the future?

Recipe is right here.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20160/fabulous-french-loaves/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search

They look really good :)

More food my Graves sometimes is dormant I am 6 years in we nuked my thyroid .. I went mostly blind ..
It does not care for caffeine but I do two cups every day
Have you ever tried iodine. How are you for salt? Some people can tolerate one or the other. If I recall my friend had to avoid certain foods. He loves his coffee and tea :)

YES. We understand. And the older you are the slower you will heal. I will be extra careful for sure. Not having mobility is awful.
AND we do not realize it...until we experience it. Aria
Absolutely! Some of the kids I worked with at the time didn't get it. I told a couple of them that I would love to trade them for a week, so their young bodies could heal my hand faster. One young man said he would do that.

I once told him that if I'd had a son who had turned out like him, I'd have been very pleased. Bless his heart, he said to me, "Sally, that means a lot to me."

What an AWESOME thread! Thank you for editing and putting in the links for the recipes! What a fantastic thing! Such community building!

While my mom's baking was limited (usually modifying box brands to become more amazing, such as Bisquick biscuits), I took an interest in baking some time ago. First attempt at pie dough was a massive failure because I didn't know the butter had to be cold. Years later, I put the fear aside when one of the first baking shows on the then infancy of TV Food Network showed me I *could* indeed do it. Nick Malgieri's _Baker's Dozen_ show demystified the process for me, and off I went. Gosh, I just did the math in my head and it was at least 25 years ago. ANYHOW, bread was my next conquest but sourdough remained elusive for quite some time, honestly until 2018/2019. Christmas Day in 2018 provided the crock and starter, and soon after it was off to the races. Once I got the discard thing down and the pattern of feeding versus fridge time, and using a dutch oven for the baking, it became second nature, and I love it. I feel like it's sort of a meditative practice in many ways, and I'm usually making 3-4 loaves a week both for our family and some dear friends that need a little extra TLC.

King Arthur Baking has been such a great source of recipes - and we sure have loved the deep dish pizza dough recipe (2020 recipe of the year). But I must say, getting special recipes that have been passed down in families is such a precious thing! I love it.

Thank you again for this fantastic thread!

Back
Top Bottom