Any Home Bakers Here?

Oh yes, one more thing

20210228_215511.jpg

Today is an experiment of sorts. I stirred together another batch of Champlain bread, but the starter had been fed the night before rather than just several hours before using. I stirred it and there were a few bubbles but it wasn’t a foamy active culture. This morning the first folds went like normal but we shall see!
I don’t know if it’s kosher to reply to your own comment but anyhow the starter worked just fine! This time since I didn’t know how it would turn out I slashed a “death spiral “! :gig
77699E5F-FA27-400F-969E-353F1E2A9839.jpeg

Looks great @Sequel

Bread baked, I cheated as I'm so tired. I put it in my oven on number 1 for 20 minutes then turned it up to gas mark 6.
There's a lovely rise and I'm content.
Meaning you proofed it in the oven? Our oven has a proof setting, defaults to 100°F but you can go as low as 80°F. I use it when I'm making pizza dough.

Made a mug cake and put ice cream on it.

I am totally immune to the power of Mug Cakes, even chocolate. I don't have a microwave.

Which is good, because some days I have very little resistance to chocolate.

I am not immune, it seems, as I will be making my hot fudge mug cake for dessert (I used the recipe for a normal sized hot fudge cake, and somehow figured out the tiny amounts for a single mug-sized)!

I did the thick curd recipe. Is there a way I can make it thicken more?

The online suggestions I've read give different remedies:
1. Bloom gelatin and use that to help thicken it while the curd is cooking
2. Add another egg yolk (not the whole egg)
3. Cook longer

Maybe others here have ideas?

I don’t know if it’s kosher to reply to your own comment but anyhow the starter worked just fine! This time since I didn’t know how it would turn out I slashed a “death spiral “! :gig View attachment 2549406
Your bread baking is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom