Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm trying a variation with my GF machine bread. I made Greek yogurt yesterday, so I have a lot of whey. I used whey in place of the water in the recipe (cutting back on the liquid measurement), and added 1/2 cup of sourdough starter. I just went by guess and by golly on the measurements. The dough looked about right, so we'll see how I did.

They've forecasted a winter storm with lots of wind in our area. I was thinking of making a loaf of sourdough, but then it would be baking about the time the winds are the worst. The machine bread can be done well before that. (I hope.)

Today is bread day. The high for today won’t get above 0*, so I’m /really/ appreciating that proofing box.

No, I don’t proof bread outside, but my kitchen wall faces the prevailing winds and is in shade all day this time if year when the sun is low in the horizon. So, it stays a lot cooler than the rest of the house. Not that I’ll see any sun with our snow flurries.

Slice it when thoroughly cooled (I prefer overnight), freeze it, then remove only what you need and toast it. That's the way I extend the "shelf life" of my fresh home-baked loaves.
Me Too!

I let it bread cool down for the afternoon though.

Back
Top Bottom