Any Home Bakers Here?

I posted this on the sourdough thread, but I'll mention it here too.

I'd read that sourdough bread should thoroughly cool before slicing, robbing me of the chance to whack off a chunk and slather on butter and eat it.

Since I'm sometimes a rule breaker anyway, I thought I'd slice my GF loaf that's only been cooling for about half an hour and see what happens.

Well, it was really good. Really, really. So I'll see what happens to the rest of the loaf when it cools, and report back. But whatever happens, it was worth it, at least this once.

I do use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (get the Best Quality) they are rated...and it does work FINE.
In some of my Sourdough Loaves I sometimes use
1T Avocado oil and 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). WORKS FINE. Aria
I've got some that is very mild tasting and light. I use it on pasta and haven't noticed any harsh 'olive' taste to it.

@Sally PB , I'm not Ron but I used to have a sourdough mix that when you made your dough at night, you let it set and rise over night then finished it in the morning.

The stuff rose like crazy and it wasn't even an 'old' sourdough starter.

Last edited:
I've got some that is very mild tasting and light. I use it on pasta and haven't noticed any harsh 'olive' taste to it.

@sallypb, I'm not Ron but I used to have a sourdough mix that when you made your dough at night, you let it set and rise over night then finished it in the morning.

The stuff rose like crazy and it wasn't even an 'old' sourdough starter.
Can you post the recipe?

I posted this on the sourdough thread, but I'll mention it here too.

I'd read that sourdough bread should thoroughly cool before slicing, robbing me of the chance to whack off a chunk and slather on butter and eat it.

Since I'm sometimes a rule breaker anyway, I thought I'd slice my GF loaf that's only been cooling for about half an hour and see what happens.

Well, it was really good. Really, really. So I'll see what happens to the rest of the loaf when it cools, and report back. But whatever happens, it was worth it, at least this once.
I like that, don't confine yourself to the norm. My mouth is watering with you just mentioning what you did.

Back
Top Bottom