Any Home Bakers Here?

I love to cook/bake. I don't do much yeast, baking-it goes bad fast. It's just my husband & myself & most recipes serve a lot of people. When I go to rhe market/bakery I look at everything baked. It all looks so good!! But if I can make it I don't buy it. About the only thing I buy is Tiramisu.
There’s just hubby and me here too…at least most of the time. But I still love baking different breads, ranging from sourdough to Brioche to hamburger buns. So I solve the “going bad” issue but cutting each loaf in two hunks. The smaller hunk (about a quarter of the loaf) I keep for immediate use. The other part I slice and freeze, with squares of freezer paper between each slice. That way I can take out just what I need.

I'll know by this time tomorrow, and will report back.
Ok, the yogurt worked. Whew. No cussing. About that.

Remember when the container used to say on the label that they contained active cultures? Well, this store brand doesn't do that anymore. Since I still had the container from the last time I made yogurt (missed the recycle day), I looked and it is the same as the one I just used. I might spend some time reading the labels on various yogurt containers the next time I'm at the store.

Or maybe not. I just ordered some yogurt culture online, thanks to the info from @ronott1, our fermentation guru. It should get here about the time I need to make more yogurt. :)

Ok, the yogurt worked. Whew. No cussing. About that.

Remember when the container used to say on the label that they contained active cultures? Well, this store brand doesn't do that anymore. Since I still had the container from the last time I made yogurt (missed the recycle day), I looked and it is the same as the one I just used. I might spend some time reading the labels on various yogurt containers the next time I'm at the store.

Or maybe not. I just ordered some yogurt culture online, thanks to the info from @ronott1, our fermentation guru. It should get here about the time I need to make more yogurt. :)
It is weird when a label changes!

Off-topic, but I need some prayers my way.

My brother has 5mm kidney stones.

Yes, you read that right. 5mm.

He may require surgery to have them removed.

If he does need surgery, I will have to put off baking in order to help him. He may not be mobile for a while.

Could you guys please send prayers my way for me and my brother?

Have they tried a lithotripsy as of yet?

It is a good procedure and keeps patients from having surgery.

I hope everything goes well for him.

Bakers good evening one and all!

89 and partly sunny.

Have a great day!
Earlier
20220519_170524_1.gif

Now
20220519_175417.jpg
20220519_175357.jpg

Back
Top Bottom