Any Home Bakers Here?

We would love some of that rain! It’s been the driest may in recorded history (25 liters in total, and I’m sure none of that landed here) and it looks like more sunshine the next 7 days (my weather forecast doesn’t go further)
Id gladly send some your way! We live on the coast and its been so wet!

I made a loaf of Betsy bread for DH. That's going to be the extent of my baking for the week, I think.
Now I'm getting the urge to bake Betsy again. :highfive:
DD#2 brought over some rhubarb over when she visited. Then she forwarded a recipe. I may give it a test-drive for sure. If I do,, will post,,,, play, by, play here.
Resized_20230531_174717.jpeg

We are expecting temps in the 90s over the weekend. The good news is it will be very DRY, so the Feels Like temp will be lower than that - just like the desert, where I am from. Yay! I can already feel the difference in my hands and joints!

My pastor's daughter is sharing her SDS with me so hopefully I will soon be making sourdough breads like all y'all! 😄

My pastor's daughter is sharing her SDS with me so hopefully I will soon be making sourdough breads like all y'all! 😄
I have no quarrel with using yeast myself. When I had a SDS going a while ago,, I would use it in conjunction with yeast. The SDS gave the bread that SDS taste,, while the yeast did all the heavy lifting. :thumbsup
I do have a culture of some SDS that I will try some time soon.
My previous SDS was not very strong, so the rise was not to my expectations.

My bottom line thinking on SDS.
If used frequently and regularly, it will produce well raised breads.:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom