Any Home Bakers Here?

They're perfect! New addiction!
200g discard
180g flour
113g melted butter
5 g sea salt
Mix all ingredients add any additional desired mix ins and let sit covered for 30 min to let flour absorb liquids. Roll out and cut with a pizza cutter, I poked mine with a skewer. Bake 375 20-30 minView attachment 3720763
Thanks for the recipe!

Baked Banana Bread. I looked at the recipes in the index. Most were very similar to the one I used.
Made some changes.
Used brown sugar instead of Regular sugar
Skipped walnuts,, (didn't have any)
I used about ½ cup more flour, than recipe amount.
Added a heaping tablespoon of sour cream.
Everything else same as in recipe below.
Makes a single loaf size pan,, 5"x9", I usually like to make multiples,, (and share) but that was all the ripe bananas on hand.

View attachment 3721055
Ready to bake.
View attachment 3721056
Out of oven and cooling on rack,, I most often use parchment paper. Much less work/effort cleaning pans afterwards.
View attachment 3721057
Interior
View attachment 3721058
Cut serving pieces:drool:drool:drool Very Delicious. and MOIST:yesss:
View attachment 3721059

Notes;
I was actually looking into and considering a Yeast raised banana bread. Then realized, the 3 hours needed was not in my time available,,, so opted for this one. My time was about ½ hour making, and 1 hour baking. :frow
The yeast raised one will likely be my next adventure with bananas:idunno
Thanks for the Recipe!

I'm looking for a good Valentine's Day recipe for The Poultry Life. If anybody has one, please tell me. I do not what to have to go on to Allrecipes again like I did in December for Latkes
Did you check the recipe index? You can find it in the first post of this thread.

Baked 2 pizzas,,, and since I usually make my dough enough for 4,,,,, the 2 extra dough I made Seasoned Kaiser rolls,,, and a seasoned rollup bread.
Pepperoni :drool
View attachment 3721661
Cheese :drool
View attachment 3721662
Seasonings; Rosemary Garlic,,, Parmesan Romano cheese,, Cowboy Chili Starter,, Oregano.
View attachment 3721663
Rolled up, and getting 2nd rise.
View attachment 3721664
Folded Kaiser rolls.. Same combo of seasonings as dusted on rolled out bread ready to be baked after a nice 2nd rise.
View attachment 3721665
Baked, and cooling.... :yesss::drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3721666
Bread also out of oven on cooling rack.
View attachment 3721667
That is the way to bake bread!

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1804.jpeg

I decided to try an experiment and see how long I could make a baguette.

How I pulled off 31 inches, I’ll never know.

Back
Top Bottom