Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

5"9"...you guys are tall!

Yesterday was our first ZERO egg day. Six girls laying and not one egg! They're grounded!

We're expecting another winter storm today. I'm so over winter. If the kids miss one more day of school, the make-up days will stretch into our family vacation week. When I booked the beach house, I never dreamed school would go that far into the summer. I had to book it that week because it's the only week my son will be home. He attends a college program in the summers and lives in the dorms. I am so mad at Mother Nature right now. I'm kind of mad at the School Board too.

We have just brought home 3 Americauna hens. They are 5 1/2 months old. Waiting for them to start laying. They are gorgeous girls & very sweet. They hardly make a sound - even when my silly terrier was yipping around them. We put a blown out egg in their nesting box tonight. Maybe we will get lucky!!
Welcome to the Egg-Watching Thread from a fellow Texan.

5"9"...you guys are tall!

Yesterday was our first ZERO egg day. Six girls laying and not one egg! They're grounded!

We're expecting another winter storm today. I'm so over winter. If the kids miss one more day of school, the make-up days will stretch into our family vacation week. When I booked the beach house, I never dreamed school would go that far into the summer. I had to book it that week because it's the only week my son will be home. He attends a college program in the summers and lives in the dorms. I am so mad at Mother Nature right now. I'm kind of mad at the School Board too.
Oh you're singing my song here. I have the most stubborn ice patch behind my barn, I just know someone or some horse is going to fall before it finally decides to melt. It's like the frigging ice age back there. I can't stand it. I hear you about the snow days, we are fast approaching losing days off easter break. blech.....

You must have been like.. "who has snuck in and stolen eggs!" Just like they can all line up and lay in one day, I guess they can all take a day off and not lay on the same day. Never thought of that, but now that you have posted that, I am sure it will happen one day! Making serious plans to rehome Duke,, we had two good days, and yesterday he made a full out charge and flog at me. My only defense was to boot him away with my foot. I hate to say it, looked like he was going to make another run, and there was Jack right between us in an instant. I am thinking that I have to get him a fresh dog bone from the butcher today. He really is starting to get the idea that Duke doesn't mean well.

Have a great day all!
MB

Last edited:
Hello MB & all ! I have many pages to catch up on, But wanted to say hey! & how much I am enjoying pics and tales and tips, so far! And also, to report several six egg days :) hooray! We've shared our first dozens and baked galore! ...now I am listening for breakfast! I'm starving!! See you soon, chicken lovers!

Can't resist with Easter coming,
Brooster maybe this is what your girls are saying about your lovely EE eggs!
529775_424342834316077_1911845353_n.jpg

CELIA!!!
Welcome back girl! Congrats on the 6 egg day, and I too am eager to come in and have my teeny weeny 50g eggs that I have to have now that I am trying to loose winter weight!
So happy to see your post, and make sure stick around more often!

MB

I guess we're the shorties brooster! That's ok though, my maiden name is Little. No j/k. Raining here now, then change to snow later. I already went out and filled the feeder and waterer. Still need to trudge out in the mud for eggs. Hoping for 4, hoping for 4.....

Woot! Got Egg #11 and 12 today. By the looks of the color of the eggs, the first 9 eggs are from one pullet, and the 3 additional pinkish ones from another pullet the last 3 days. There's still another 7 hours for more.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom