Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
They went from "Rags to Riches" ... Thank you Greg for giving them a good home :celebrate

DSC04442.JPG
2019 Orpintons - Rags to Riches.jpg

They went from "Rags to Riches" ... Thank you Greg for giving them a good home :celebrate

View attachment 1763971 View attachment 1763973
I thought their "rags" were pretty nice, safe, big and secure. I liked your rain block, ventilation and uncomplicated space, but hey... those riches look pretty darn nice!!!
Glad they found a wonderful home. May I ask why you were giving away those beautiful girls in their prime? Must have been a little hard on your heart plus no fresh eggs from your farm. I'm sorry but hope you are on to greener pastures or have a rainbow in the mix somewhere. L.

I thought their "rags" were pretty nice, safe, big and secure. I liked your rain block, ventilation and uncomplicated space, but hey... those riches look pretty darn nice!!!
Glad they found a wonderful home. May I ask why you were giving away those beautiful girls in their prime? Must have been a little hard on your heart plus no fresh eggs from your farm. I'm sorry but hope you are on to greener pastures or have a rainbow in the mix somewhere. L.

My Mom ended up in the hospital on the 22nd of April, is now on oxygen which limits her mobility. So I'll be spending more time at her place helping with daily chores. Timing was perfect, my sister left today and tomorrow it's my turn.

Yes very hard to give them up, it was hard this morning not going out to tend them and looking at their empty Chicken House. Knowing they went to "greener" pastures and will be cared for lightens the heartache.

Hubby did a great job & it works great for me. Spent the afternoon shoveling out the shavings & cleaning up ... I'm hoping that in time my Mom's condition will get better and I'll start all over :fl

My Mom ended up in the hospital on the 22nd of April, is now on oxygen which limits her mobility. So I'll be spending more time at her place helping with daily chores. Timing was perfect, my sister left today and tomorrow it's my turn.

Yes very hard to give them up, it was hard this morning not going out to tend them and looking at their empty Chicken House. Knowing they went to "greener" pastures and will be cared for lightens the heartache.

Hubby did a great job & it works great for me. Spent the afternoon shoveling out the shavings & cleaning up ... I'm hoping that in time my Mom's condition will get better and I'll start all over :fl

Sorry to hear about your mom but so glad you are able to be there for her. Absolutely loving thing to do and certainly a rainbow. I hope she regains her strength and stamina quickly. I'm sure she will love having you around for help and company. Stay well, aloha.

Aloha folks. I've got 2 bearded Calico Silkie cockerels for sale (about 7mo) and 4 White Silkie chicks (about 1.75mo) for sale currently. I'm on the East Side, Puna.

Hello everyone! I'm from...Nevada.
I know, I know, I strayed a long way from the Nevada thread. (I'm sorry!)
I was hoping I could speak to someone who is familiar with the wild chickens of Hawaii. I recently heard in passing that there are wild chickens that roam the islands out there. Any takers? It would be for an article in a magazine.
TIA!

Back
Top Bottom