Any other Seed Savers Exchange seed savers here?

ellieemae

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 22, 2013
MD
What do you have in the works for the 2014 yearbook?

For me:

Sadly, our weather was kind of funky and I didn't get enough of my Wapsipinicon Peach tomatoes isolated to get seeds to offer from that one....I had really hoped to.

I WILL have Riesentraube tomatoes and Cornichon Vert de Massy cukes, though.

Our summer was crappy this year too. But, I had beautiful tomatoes and a lot fell on the ground, so as an experiment, we shall see what happens next year. I've decided to forego growing peppers, are climate is just too cold for them, and next year not plant any squash
sad.png
due to the squash bug infestation.

These are a few of the varieties I planted:

Tomatoes-Mini Orange, Pink Oxheart, Cherokee Purple, Purple Russian, Chadwick Cherry, Striped Roman, Golden Jubilee, Costoluto Genovese, Golden King of Siberia, White Queen, Ivory Pear, Green Zebra, and that's all I can think of now.

Last edited:
I had all-around weirdness in my garden this season. NONE of my squash varieties produced any female flowers, but my cucumbers went nuts. My pepper transplants (started in Feb.) didn't get any taller than when they were set out in April...until about four weeks ago, and then they suddenly took off. They're producing blossoms NOW, and lots of them. They will probably never have the chance to develop into anything, though. I'm scratching my head. I'm about to add a thick layer of compost and horse manure and plant some daikon to break up my clay. I hope that next year is better.

The ONLY squash that produced fruit was the sketti squash. Not one zuch! Toms were a busy and so were beans and peas, but I'll be darned if my kale and kohlrabi weren't awesome! Tomatillo volunteers were amazing, collards great, and with the amount of ferns I had, I think my next growth will provide an awesome asparagus harvest.

Greetings! Do you have cornichon vert du massey seeds available this year? I've grown them for years, and need some for this year's garden.

HI,
I leave in France, in Massy and I search for Cornichon Vert de Massy seeds for a long time.
These vegetables are prohibited in France since 1998 and is now unreachable.

Have you some of these seeds to allow us to grow again this lost edible.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom