Any setting eggs today (10/18) or an hatch date Nov. 6-12th

I am getting ready to set another round of yard birds today breaking down the incubator cleaning and resetting. I have over 50 and it is only suppose to hold 44 so not sure how this will work out for me. I hate to hold eggs that long for another set but I will just have to see how everything works out. I am sure there will be some non fertile ones so I am not that worried on the other end. I really do wish my show birds were laying but it just a little too soon for them.
sad.png

I set my first batch ever on Friday night.

20 white leghorns (eBay) and two of my own backyard specials.

The temp has been holding steady, but I'm just so nervous since it's my first time!

I won't be so disappointed if the mailed ones don't hatch since I hear mixed reviews, but I'd like to see SOMETHING make it!

I candled last night and one was very clear and had a crack, so I tossed it.

Otherwise I couldn't tell what I was seeing, but there WAS a dark blob, so I'll try again late this week or next week to check them.

You sure can join! Everyone is welcome! Wish everyone a great hatch!!

The cold front is heading towards me and I am hoping it doesn't mess with my incubator! Its been a constant 99.3-100 !

Its going to get down to 38my tonight!! Brr

Last edited:
Well now I have to join in, I just set one bator with Calico Mille Fleur Bantam, 18 of them and Olive eggers, and Blue Ameraucana, & Blue Wheaten Ameraucana......I have another incubator due to hatch on the 20th it's in lock down now. It's full of Olive eggers, Blue Ameraucana, mille Fleur calico bantam, a few blue marans, & a few Lavender orpington. I need to stop...but I cant the chickens keep laying and what I don't sell I hatch...
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
How can I tell potential buyers I have a good hatch rate if I don't hatch...
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
. DH is probably going to move me and all the chicks out to the hen house....
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
.~Charm1704

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Thanks!! You too!
thumbsup.gif

I also have 3 BCM eggs in my other incubator which are due to hatch on friday, so they were put on lockdown this morning. Just had the temp spike to 101 though and almost gave myself a heart attack. It had only been 3 hours since I last checked it, so I hope they're okay.
fl.gif

What is everyone here using to incubate with?

hovabator genesis. Im thinking the floor is messing things up though, temp was steady at 99. something now down to 98.6 for some reason...maybe the floor is too cold, although its still in the 80s here temp wise. Im only on day 3 and already its been too long!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom