Any speckled sussex or other spotty pullets? (Ontario, CAN)

LateBirdFarms

Crowing
Apr 17, 2020
Ontario
I'm seeing all these lovely spotted birds, and I ADORE anything speckled and spotty so I'm hoping to find someone within a few hours at least, the closer to the Barrie, ON area the better that has at least one, preferably two speckled Sussex, swedish flower, something along those lines. I will be going as far as Lively/Sudbury early next month, so I can cast my net a bit farther.

Willing to trade or pay, I have a fairly nice selection of young pullets.

No such luck yet. I just had someone offer a mottled orp, but I'm not sure it's what I'm I'm after, as I've got a fair bit of black and white... but it's hard to say no when I don't have one yet! :rolleyes:

I've newly got something in that colour-way - two of the May hatch are turning out a sort of dappled grey, which I think is very pretty. They're SFH x Lavender Araucana. But it seems to be more barring than spotty, like the pure SFHs. If she lays blue eggs, it'll be a bonus.
P1090768.JPG

:love lovely mix! I did pick up a SFHx???(no idea who daddy was) but she's ended up mostly black with a bit of barring here and there and some white penciling on her neck and a few white tipped feathers, so not exactly what I was hoping for, but there's always a chance her feathering will change some as she ages.

20200626_215556.jpg

20200716_125336.jpg
(Pay no mind to the awful ramp in the picture, failed experiment!)

That's where the confusion comes in! The possible roos are an isbar (who was the planned daddy) , a silver spangled hamburg, a light brahma or a silver laced wyandotte, so I really don't know what to think. The comb is flat and almost silkie like, so I'm thinking a wyandotte rose comb, but I still don't understand where the dark parts come in. I know theres no cemani in there and I was fairly positive there was no silkie, but there's got to be something else mixed in there somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom