any "unexpected things" out there?

Opened up the compost lid to give a stir and out pops a grey mouse! I have a huge phobia thing about mice/rats etc.
sickbyc.gif
I dropped the lid, screamed for dh to set a trap. Then, the next morning as I was getting ready for work at 4:00am, I heard a familar crunching noise. Woke dh up (I was sweating, heart pounding 'cause I knew it was a mouse/rat). He said, "Oh yeah, I been hearing that for about 2 weeks. Guess I'll set a trap." Ugghh... He's told me that he has had to "reset the traps" (ie he has caught mice/rats) but won't tell me more info - I really don't want to know anything else, except that they are "going away".

I dressed some chickens up in Christmas costumes and took their pictures.
They were moderately tolerant of this behavior on my part. Except for the hat. Spikely didn't like the hat....

Also, my Christmas cards will actually arrive before Christmas. I'm not sure the recipients will know how impressive this is. Except the family members
lau.gif

Last edited:
My 4 year-old son asked very nicely and even said please for chocolate chip cookies......for breakfast.
lol.png
Like that would ever happen! But I have to give him some credit for asking nicely.

I went to feed the birds, and got locked out of the house when my brother left for work. I was like... why won't the door open? Luckily my husband was still inside sleeping.

Sleeping like the dead! banged on the door and rang the doorbell repeatedly and fruitlessly. Dang!

We have security doors, the bottom of the back one being covered in wood instead of glass because the dogs "knock". I spied a crow bar on the porch.. weird... usually tools are all put up. But I was able to pry the wood, sneak my hand in, turn the lock, and let myself in.

Strangest thing... brother sucks at locking doors, specially during the day. Tools are 99% of the time locked up. I thought I was going to freeze since I didn't have house keys or shed keys on me!

Lucky for me husband slacked on putting that crow bar up around the time my brother didn't slack and locked the door.

Back
Top Bottom